Meth's residue made the Gold Coast family extremely ill

Sophie Turner (pictured left), her husband Anthony (pictured right) and their two children moved into a four-bedroom rental house in Gold Coast on December 15, 2017

When a family erupted in blisters and rashes, they discovered that they lived in a house with dangerously high levels of methamphetamine residues.

The family was not aware when they moved to a four-bedroom rental house in Bundall, Gold Coast, on December 15, 2017.

Anthony and Sophie Turner and their two children became ill in a matter of weeks.

Scroll down to watch the video

Sophie Turner (pictured left), her husband Anthony (pictured right) and their two children moved into a four-bedroom rental house in Gold Coast on December 15, 2017

Sophie Turner (pictured left), her husband Anthony (pictured right) and their two children moved into a four-bedroom rental house in Gold Coast on December 15, 2017

Ms. Turner had severe migraines and needed an ambulance call home several times.

Mr. Turner suffered gastrointestinal problems and his children, aged 13 and 19, suffered painful rashes and blisters.

The son of 19-year-old couples was born with a heart problem and his doctor is convinced that methamphetamine has had some effect on the worsening.

Ms. Turner told the Gold Coast Bulletin: "It's amazing what happened. It has only been a nightmare. "

Meth Screen, a company that tested the house for methamphetamine, found that in some cases more than 20 times more than the 0.5 microgram safety guide was found.

10 micrograms were found on multiple occasions, however, the bathroom and the dining room did not return high readings.

Meth Screen found that in some cases it was found more than 20 times more than the safety guide of 0.5 micrograms

Meth Screen found that in some cases it was found more than 20 times more than the safety guide of 0.5 micrograms

Meth Screen found that in some cases it was found more than 20 times more than the safety guide of 0.5 micrograms

Ms. Turner had severe migraines and needed to call an ambulance home several times. Mr. Turner suffered gastrointestinal problems and his children, aged 13 and 19, erupted in blisters and rashes.

Ms. Turner had severe migraines and needed to call an ambulance home several times. Mr. Turner suffered gastrointestinal problems and his children, aged 13 and 19, erupted in blisters and rashes.

Ms. Turner had severe migraines and needed to call an ambulance home several times. Mr. Turner suffered gastrointestinal problems and his children, aged 13 and 19, erupted in blisters and rashes.

The Turners broke their lease in mid-July and now live in Ashmore, also in the Gold Coast.

Mrs. Turner told the Project: "We had to leave the house because it is contaminated. It is uninhabitable [We] You can not take our possessions with us. It has put our health at risk. "

Ben Patrick, of Grindal & Patrick Lawyers, also told the program: "If there is any evidence that the owner or previous occupant has used or manufactured methamphetamine, I think there has to be an obligation on the person to prove that the property is safe.

"We hope that by the end of the year there will be some decisions that will address this issue."

Ben Patrick, of Grindal & Patrick Lawyers, said he expects legislation on homes, methamphetamine residues and testing to be in effect by the end of the year (stock image)

Ben Patrick, of Grindal & Patrick Lawyers, said he expects legislation on homes, methamphetamine residues and testing to be in effect by the end of the year (stock image)

Ben Patrick, of Grindal & Patrick Lawyers, said he expects legislation on homes, methamphetamine residues and testing to be in effect by the end of the year (stock image)

Mr. Turner claimed that a former real estate agent said that previous tenants had been evicted by The Professionals Bundal for drug use.

Kim Richards, a partner at Professionals Bundall, denied this and said they had been evicted for not paying the rent on time.

She told the Gold Coast Bulletin that the house would be professionally cleaned, the Turners reimbursed the rent for a month and that the Gold Coast City Council will also monitor what is happening.

Ms. Richards said: "We can not prove that the previous tenant did this … or that he has smoked that drug on the property."

"It came as a complete shock to us and the owners."

(function() {
var _fbq = window._fbq || (window._fbq = []);
if (!_fbq.loaded) {
var fbds = document.createElement(‘script’);
fbds.async = true;
fbds.src = “http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbds.js”;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(fbds, s);
_fbq.loaded = true;
}
_fbq.push([‘addPixelId’, ‘1401367413466420’]);
})();
window._fbq = window._fbq || [];
window._fbq.push([“track”, “PixelInitialized”, {}]);
.