Met Police Officers Questioning Kevin Spacey, 61, About Six Historic Sex Attacks Hand Over File to CPS

0

Scotland Yard officers investigating Hollywood star Kevin Spacey into six British sexual abuse allegations have passed files to the Crown Prosecution Service – which will now decide whether to sue him.

The House of Cards actor, 61, was interviewed under caution by America’s Metropolitan Police Complex Case Team in 2019.

He was never arrested, but spoke to detectives about the allegations between 1996 and 2013.

Now they have completed their investigation and have forwarded their findings to the criminal prosecution office for consideration.

A source told MailOnline: ‘Due to the high profile nature of the allegations, they will take all the time they need to make a decision.

“The file was sent at the end of last year and has been under consideration for a few months.”

The American Beauty Oscar winner was the Artistic Director of The Old Vic Theater in London between 2004 and 2015, when some of the complaints were filed.

In November 2017, the famous theater company said it had received 20 personal testimonials of allegations of improper conduct related to him, adding that it “ truly apologized. ”

Spacey at the 2016 premiere of House of Cards is the subject of the allegations

Some of the accusations extend back to Spacey's time as Artistic Director of the Old Vic

Some of the accusations extend back to Spacey’s time as Artistic Director of the Old Vic

Scotland Yard had investigated the charges and has now forwarded files to the CPS

Scotland Yard had investigated the charges and has now forwarded files to the CPS

MailOnline is able to disclose the six allegations investigated by police, including one in Lambeth in 2008, which was referred to the Metropolitan Police by City of London Police on November 1, 2017. complainant while he slept.

A second alleged victim went to police on November 20, 2008 in connection with a 2005 sexual assault in Lambeth.

And a third, made on December 13, 2017, concerns an allegation of sexual assault in Westminster in 2005.

Three more complaints were received between February and April 2018, relating to alleged crimes at Westminster in 1996, Lambeth in 2008 and Gloucester in 2013

The Met never mentioned Spacey in connection with their questions. A spokesperson told MailOnline tonight, “The Met referred files to the Crown Prosecution Service, which will review the material.”

A spokesperson for the CPS added, “We are investigating an evidence file referred to us by the Metropolitan Police.”

Kevin Spacey claimed his fall from grace looked like troubles during the Covid pandemic

Kevin Spacey claimed his fall from grace looked like troubles during the Covid pandemic

Spacey has been largely silent since the scandal, except for a few YouTube videos every year

Spacey has been largely silent since the scandal, except for a few YouTube videos every year

MailOnline has tried to contact the actor about the development in the research, but has not received a response.

Spacey had been one of Hollywood’s biggest stars but faced a scandal after alleging that he sexually assaulted the then 14-year-old Star Trek actor Antony Rapp.

It led to accusations from other men about his behavior, but no one has ever reached court and has been denied.

Rapp’s public comments about him prompted Spacey to come out as gay in 2017.

He said he did not remember such a meeting with Rapp, but apologized if the charges were true.

Last year, he likened his fall from grace to the coronavirus pandemic and complained about the loss of his job following the allegations.

Spacey described his “ painful ” journey three years after he was accused of assault by a string of men and said he could relate to workers laid off during the spread of Covid-19.

Commenting for an interview for the Bits & Pretzels podcast, he said, “ I don’t think it will come as a surprise to anyone to say that my world changed completely in the fall of 2017.

“My job, many of my relationships, my position in my own industry were all gone within hours.”

Not only was he fired from the Netflix hit House Of Cards, he was also removed from the finished film All The Money In The World, which was rerecorded with actor Christopher Plummer in his role.

The actor, who has not appeared in a professional film or series since the allegations were made, said: ‘I don’t often like to tell people that I can relate to their situation because I think it is the experience they have. have undermined. that is their own unique and very personal experience. ‘

Spacey added, ‘But in this case, I feel like I can relate to what it feels like to make your world suddenly stop.

And while we may have found ourselves in similar situations, albeit for very different reasons and circumstances, I still believe some emotional struggles are broadly the same.

“And so I have empathy for what it feels like to suddenly hear that you can’t go back to work or that you might lose your job and that it’s a situation that you have absolutely no control over.”

The Old Vic’s investigation into the actor found allegations of behavior, including making people feel uncomfortable with sexually inappropriate acts.

In all, 16 of the 20 complainers were men and former London theater staff.

External law firm Lewis Silkin – who conducted the investigation – said ten of the 20 charges in the building allegedly occurred, but the organization was unaware.

.