A man who found a raw heart after buying a chicken dinner at KFC has closed the fast food chain.
Timothy, 21, bought a box of original offers at a Melbourne store last week only to find the raw organ under ground chicken.
"It was crumbled and in the box, I noticed that it was not right and the skin was peeling, so I could see that it was black underneath.When I removed my skin at first, I had no idea what it was," he told Daily Mail Australia.
The indignant customer made a public complaint on the KFC Facebook page with a viscous heart image that he found in his chicken offer
Timothy, 21, found a heart hidden under the crispy skin of a tender chicken
The 21-year-old brought a public complaint to social networks on the Facebook page of KFC Australia.
"Uhh KFC, can you explain to me why in the world I would get what looks like a chicken heart in my food?" He wrote.
"Is it common for you to do this or do I just have luck?"
A disgruntled Facebook user accused KFC of being too "lazy" to follow the "cooks' procedures".
Another compared the viscous organ with "pieces from under the thighs that you should remove".
The 21-year-old led to the KFC Facebook page to close the fast food chain because of the mistake
The KFC store Narre Warren, in the southeast of Melbourne, offered a full refund
Timothy said he was a regular at the store in Narre Warren, southeast of Melbourne, and ordered a meal at least every two weeks.
"I never had problems, except maybe something missing or just not cooked well, but never something like this," he said.
The 21-year-old complained to the shift manager and received a refund for his purchase.
KFC Australia apologized for the "mistake" and said they had reminded his team that they should be especially careful with food preparation.
"Our chicken is prepared by hand and cooked fresh, but occasionally mistakes occur and the organs are not removed when they should have been," a KFC spokesman told Daily Mail Australia.
"We have provided the customer with a refund and we are reminding our team to take extra care."
Users of social networks criticized the fast food chain for the serious "error"