The Duchess of Sussex, formerly a vocal critic of Donald Trump, stays at home with baby Archie instead of meeting the US president during his state visit to the UK.
Charles, Camilla, William, Kate, Harry and even Prince Andrew will spend time with the American president during his three-day visit – but Meghan is expected to stay at Frogmore Cottage, Windsor, with her three-week-old son.
Meghan, who was once President Trump & # 39; divisive & # 39; and a & # 39; women's hatred & # 39; has missed a private lunch with the queen, prince Harry and the president on Monday.
They are also expected to skip Monday night's state banquet, with members of the royal family accompanied by American left for a lavish white noose dinner.
The queen is supported by the upper royal family when she is the American leader and his wife Melania host country.
Meghan, who was once President Trump & # 39; divisive & # 39; and a & # 39; women's hatred & # 39; has missed a private lunch with the queen, prince Harry and the president on Monday
The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall will join the queen for an official ceremonial welcome in the garden of Buckingham Palace.
This will be in place of the traditional Horse Guards Parade location in Whitehall – potentially a too high security risk.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will join the Queen and Charles and Camilla for the event.
During Monday's private lunch, the Queen and Prince Harry see the President, but the Duchess of Sussex avoids a possible uncomfortable encounter with the leader.
In 2016 actresses actress Meghan campaigned against Mr. Trump who became president and instead supported Hillary Clinton for the position.
She said, "I'm voting for Hillary Clinton, not because she's a woman, but because Trump has made it easy to see that you don't really want the world he paints."
Mr. Trump is reportedly bringing his adult children when he visits the UK – daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner, both president's advisers, along with her brothers Tiffany Trump, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump.
The full itinerary of US President Donald Trump's visit to the UK was revealed today by Buckingham Palace (depicted in 2018 with the Queen)
When the state visit was announced in April, Ms. May praised it as an opportunity for the UK and the US to strengthen our already close relationship, while the White House said it would confirm the steadfast and special relationship between the two nations.
But the confirmation of the trip was condemned at the time by shadow secretary Emily Thornberry, who said that the president & systematically all shared values that unite our two countries & # 39; has attacked.
Royal Gun Salutes are fired in Green Park and in the Tower of London to mark the visit.
President Trump (who speaks to the press at the White House on May 24) then receives a ceremonial welcome to Buckingham Palace Garden before inspecting the guard of honor, formed by the Grenadier guards company from Nijmegen.
During President Trump's private lunch with the queen and prince Harry, Her Majesty invites him and the First Lady to view a special exhibition in the Picture Gallery, which displays objects from the history of the United States from the Royal Collection.
After this, Mr. and Mrs. Trump, accompanied by Prince Andrew, visit Westminster Abbey, where the president lays a wreath at the grave of the unknown warrior.
Then they take a short tour of the abbey.
The day will continue with the president and the first lady Join The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall for tea at Clarence House.
& # 39; In the evening, The Queen is organizing a state banquet at Buckingham Palace and both Her Majesty and the president will give speeches.
The following morning, the president and Theresa May will jointly organize a business breakfast meeting attended by The Duke of York, at St. James & # 39; s Palace, with prominent British and American business leaders.
Arriving on June 3, President Trump is welcomed by the queen in Buckingham Palace (left). The president will also drink tea at the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (right) at Clarence House
The president and Mrs. Trump then visit 10 Downing Street to talk to the prime minister.
After lunch together, the leaders will attend a press conference.
& # 39; In the evening, the President and Mrs. Trump organize a return meal at Winfield House, the residence of the ambassador of the United States of America.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will attend the dinner on behalf of The Queen.
On Wednesday, the last day of the visit, the Queen, accompanied by Prince Charles, will join Mr. and Mrs. Trump and attend the National Memorial Event for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings at Southsea Common, Portsmouth, in addition to more than 300 D-Day veterans.
During President Trump's private lunch with Queen and Prince Harry, Her Majesty invites him and the First Lady to view a special exhibition in the Picture Gallery, which will display items of historical significance from the Royal Collection to the United States .
Prince Harry will join the queen for a private lunch with Donald Trump, but Meghan stays at home with baby Archie
President Trump receives a ceremonial welcome to the Buckingham Palace Garden when he arrives on June 3
Meghan was a critic of the US president in the past and openly supported Hilary Clinton before Mr. Trump was elected – meaning she will miss a potentially uncomfortable lunch with the president
The event will tell the story of D-Day through musical performances, testimonials and military screenings, including a flying past of 25 modern and historic aircraft.
Representatives of the Heads of State and Government of the countries involved in the military operation will also be present.
The queen formally says goodbye to President and Mrs. Trump in Portsmouth.
The president and Mrs. Trump leave privately later in the day.
Mr. Trump's first trip to the UK as president led to controversy last year and critics have said he should not have received the honor of an official state visit.
The visit comes after Prime Minister Theresa May announced that she would resign as Tory leader on 7 June.
The visit has already fueled the political opposition, with party leader Jeremy Corbyn closing an invitation to the banquet and accusing Trump of using racist and hateful rhetoric & # 39 ;.
House of Commons speaks to John Bercow, who has ruled out Trump addressing parliament, and Vince Cable, leader of the Liberal Democrats, has already rejected the invitation to dinner.
Full travel description of Donald Trump's three-day state visit to the UK
MONDAY, JUNE 3
- Arrive in the morning and receive a ceremonial welcome in the Buckingham Palace Garden, hosted by the Queen and with Prince Charles and Camilla.
- President Trump, accompanied by The Prince of Wales, will inspect the guard of honor consisting of the Nijmegen company grenadier guard.
- Private lunch with the queen, followed by a special exhibition in the Picture Gallery, which shows items from the history of the United States from the Royal Collection.
- Mr. and Mrs. Trump, accompanied by The Duke of York, will visit Westminster Abbey, where the president will lay a wreath at the grave of the unknown warrior. They will also receive a tour of the abbey.
- Then they go to The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall for tea at Clarence House.
- & # 39; In the evening the queen holds a state banquet at Buckingham Palace and both the queen and the president will both give a speech at the start of the banquet.
TUESDAY JUNE 4
- On Tuesday morning, President and Prime Minister Theresa May will jointly organize a business breakfast meeting, attended by The Duke of York, at St. James & # 39; s Palace, with leading British and American business leaders.
- The president and Mrs. Trump then visit 10 Downing Street to talk to the prime minister.
- After lunch together, President Trump and the prime minister will attend a press conference.
- & # 39; In the evening, the President and Mrs. Trump organize a return meal at Winfield House, the residence of the ambassador of the United States of America. Prince Charles and Camilla will attend the dinner on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen.
WEDNESDAY JUNE 5
- On Wednesday, the Queen, accompanied by Prince Charles, President Trump and Melania, will attend the National Memorial Event for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Southsea Common, Portsmouth, along with more than 300 D-Day veterans.
- The queen formally says goodbye to President and Mrs. Trump in Portsmouth.
- President Trump and Mrs. Trump leave privately later in the day.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) prince-Charles (t) Theresa-may (t) donald-trump