Meghan Markle takes place at the US Open as she prepares to see friend Serena Williams try to win her historic 24th Grand Slam in New York City
- Megan Markle was in court at the Arthur Ashe stadium to cheer on her close friend Serena Williams as she participates in the US Open Women & # 39; s final
- The Duchess of Sussex, 38, arrived in New York on a commercial flight on Friday
- Williams appeared composed while practicing before the game
- Williams beat the Ukrainian Elina Svitolina in the semifinals and fights to win her 24th Grand Slam title
- Her coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, believes that being used to pressure will help her
Meghan Markle is on the side of the US Open final as she watches her friend Serena William try to win her historic 24th Grand Slam.
The Duchess of Sussex was completely smiling when she encouraged the former number one in the world, 37, when her nail-biting collision with the Canadian Bianca Andreescu started at Arthur Ashe Stadium in Queens.
She was seen standing up to give her an applause when Williams walked on to the field and sat beside the husband of the tennis star, co-founder of Reddit, Alexis Ohanian.
If Williams wins, it will be her first grand slam title since 2017 – after which she took a year out of the competition to have her daughter with co-founder husband Alexis Ohanian.
Fellow mother Meghan welcomed her in a show of solidarity, while Williams fights back to form after a series of defeats after her pregnancy – which recently lost in the Wimbledon final in London.
Williams was 17 when she won her first Grand Slam title in 1999 at the US Open.
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail