WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Meghan has until Easter to prove that she can continue as Royal Patron of National Theater, says producer

The Duchess of Sussex should only have until Easter to prove her courage as Royal Patron of the National Theater, according to a top producer from the West End.

Meghan Markle, 38, was honored last January by the queen, who had been the patron of the National for 45 years.

But in the light of “Megxit,” where Meghan and her husband Prince Harry have relinquished their royal duties and moved to Canada, questions remain about her suitability for the job.

The Duchess of Sussex (photo meets the Hamilton cast in London) should not have until Easter to prove her courage as Royal Patron of the National Theater, according to a top producer from West End

The Duchess of Sussex (photo meets the Hamilton cast in London) should not have until Easter to prove her courage as Royal Patron of the National Theater, according to a top producer from West End

Now, Nica Burns, who is co-owner of the Nimax Group, which includes six London West End theaters, including The Palace, Apollo and Vaudeville, has said that the Duchess should not hold the position indefinitely.

“I think we should give Meghan until Easter to say what she thinks is possible with her patronage,” Mrs. Burns told me at a fundraising gala for the king’s 50th anniversary.

‘We have to give her a chance, forget who she is and give her some space.

“If she isn’t going to do work with the National, she has to resign. But because she is a role model, we prefer that she did not. “

Earlier this week, it was announced that the official departure of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex from The Firm would begin on March 31.

Mrs. Burns suggests that if and when Meghan's American obligations begin to take over, she should do the decent and resign

Mrs. Burns suggests that if and when Meghan's American obligations begin to take over, she should do the decent and resign

Nica Burns, co-owner of the Nimax Group, which includes six London West End theaters, including The Palace, Apollo and Vaudeville, has said that the Duchess should not hold the position indefinitely.

Nica Burns, co-owner of the Nimax Group, which includes six London West End theaters, including The Palace, the Apollo and the Vaudeville, has said that the Duchess should not hold the position indefinitely.

Nica Burns (left and right), co-owner of the Nimax Group, which consists of six London West End theaters, including The Palace, the Apollo and the Vaudeville, has said that the Duchess should not have the function indefinitely preserve

Meghan Markle, 38, was honored last January by the Queen, who had been the patron saint of the National for 45 years (pictured is the National Theater in London)

Meghan Markle, 38, was honored last January by the Queen, who had been the patron saint of the National for 45 years (pictured is the National Theater in London)

Meghan Markle, 38, was honored last January by the Queen, who was the patron of the National for 45 years (the photo shows the National Theater in London)

The artistic director of the National Theater, Rufus Norris, revealed this week that Megxit would not prevent the duchess from continuing as a royal patron and that everything would be ‘business as usual’.

But Mrs. Burns – whose commercial successes are Chicago The Musical and Harry Potter And The Cursed Child – suggests that if and when Meghan’s American obligations begin to take over, she must do the decent and resign.

Mrs. Burns adds: “If her life takes her somewhere else, it will be difficult for her to raise awareness and money for the National Theater.

“If her new life means she’s going back to work, maybe in the movie, or if she has another child, I think the right decision is for her to say,” I have a new life and I can’t Get on. “”

In the light of 'Megxit', where Meghan and her husband Prince Harry have given up their royal duties and moved to Canada, questions remain about her suitability for the job

In the light of 'Megxit', where Meghan and her husband Prince Harry have given up their royal duties and moved to Canada, questions remain about her suitability for the job

In the light of ‘Megxit’, where Meghan and her husband Prince Harry have given up their royal duties and moved to Canada, questions remain about her suitability for the job

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reveal that they WILL stop using the ‘Sussex Royal’ brand name this spring after being banned by the queen

By Jack Elsom for MailOnline

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are not allowed to use the ‘Sussex Royal’ brand in their new life outside the monarchy, their spokeswoman confirmed tonight.

The duke and duchess had been in conversation with assistants about applying the word “royal” to their future ventures, namely a charitable organization.

But the queen has poured cold water on these plans, which means that the couple will have to drop the royal name when they leave the frontline Family tasks next month.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will no longer use their Sussex Royal brand, their spokeswoman confirmed tonight

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle depicted in Buckingham Palace in 2018 with the queen, which they will no longer represent after March 31

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle depicted in Buckingham Palace in 2018 with the queen, which they will no longer represent after March 31

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle depicted in Buckingham Palace in 2018 with the queen, which they will no longer represent after March 31

It comes as a blow to the Sussex people, who have plowed tens of thousands of pounds to refine their website to improve their profile.

Their spokeswoman said: “Although the duke and duchess are focused on plans to set up a new non-profit organization, given the specific British government rules on the use of the word Royal, it has been agreed that their non-profit organization, when it is announced this spring, it will not be called Sussex Royal Foundation.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are not going to use” SussexRoyal “in any area after the spring of 2020.”

Trademark applications that were intended for the charity have also been withdrawn.

These applications have been filed as protective measures and are considered not to be made for commercialization but to protect the brand of the pair against exploitation.

Harry and Meghan have spent tens of thousands of pounds on a new Sussex Royal website, sussexroyal.com, in addition to their hugely popular Instagram feed. It has now been made clear that they must 're-brand'

Harry and Meghan have spent tens of thousands of pounds on a new Sussex Royal website, sussexroyal.com, in addition to their hugely popular Instagram feed. It has now been made clear that they must 're-brand'

Harry and Meghan have spent tens of thousands of pounds on a new Sussex Royal website, sussexroyal.com, in addition to their hugely popular Instagram feed. It has now been made clear that they must ‘re-brand’

Although the duke and duchess intend to defend a charity foundation, it was feared that they could exploit the royal brand to make lucrative commercial deals (image of Sussex Royal)

Although the duke and duchess intend to defend a charity foundation, it was feared that they could exploit the royal brand to make lucrative commercial deals (image of Sussex Royal)

Although the duke and duchess intend to defend a charity foundation, it was feared that they could exploit the royal brand to make lucrative commercial deals (image of Sussex Royal)

Tonight’s statement confirmed the revelations of the Daily Mail earlier this week that the queen had no choice but to withdraw her grandson and his wife from using the Sussex Royal brand.

Harry and Meghan, who are allowed to keep their HRH titles, have spent tens of thousands of pounds on a new Sussex Royal website in addition to their hugely popular Instagram feed.

They have updated their website tonight to reflect the revelation they have to drop the Sussex Royal brand.

Under ‘additional information’ it now reads: ‘As is shared on this website at the beginning of January, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to start a’ foundation ‘, but rather intend to develop a new way to bring about change and to complement the efforts made by so many excellent foundations worldwide.

The couple’s decision to resign as senior working royals and pursue “financial independence” puts a spanner in the works of Sussex Royal

“The creation of this non-profit entity will, in addition to their cause-driven work, for which they are still deeply committed.”

They also tried to register Sussex Royal as a global trademark for a range of items and activities, including clothing, stationery, books, and teaching materials.

Harry and Meghan’s online statement

“As shared on this website at the beginning of January, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to set up a” foundation “, but intend to develop a new way to bring about change and the efforts of so many excellent foundations worldwide to fill.

“The creation of this non-profit entity will, in addition to their cause-driven work, for which they are still deeply committed.

“Although the duke and duchess are focused on plans to set up a new non-profit organization, given the specific British government rules on the use of the word” Royal “, it has therefore been agreed that their non-profit organization will not be named will use “Sussex Royal” or any other iteration of “Royal”.

“For the above reason, trademark applications filed as protective measures and reflecting the same standard trademark applications as those made for The Royal Foundation or The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been removed.

“Although there is no jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word” Royal “abroad, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use” Sussex Royal “or any repetition of the word” Royal ” in territory (within the UK or otherwise) when the transition takes place in the spring of 2020.

“While the Duke and Duchess of Sussex continue to develop their non-profit organization and make plans for their future, we hope that you will use this site as a source for factual information.

‘In the spring of 2020 their digital channels will be renewed while they introduce you to the next exciting phase.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex eagerly await the opportunity to share more with you and appreciate your support!”

The surf at Sussex Royal this time last year, after they separated their household from that of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge – known as Kensington Royal.

The Sussexes’ Instagram page, @sussexroyal, has collected 11.2 million followers – the same number of fans as William and Kate’s account.

Harry and Meghan planned to make the name of their new charity foundation, which is being launched this year with the support of Buckingham Palace.

Dozens of trademark applications have been filed for everything from bandanas to notebooks, although sources have always emphasized that these were preventive measures to protect the trademark against others and were never intended for commercial use.

The couple has also started using a new website. It went live last month with their announcement of the bomb, with the introduction: “Welcome to the Sussex Royal community, your source for information about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.”

They said Wednesday that their lives as working royals will end on March 31 when they stop representing the queen and become financially independent.

Harry and Meghan will uproot to Canada and have been granted a permit to take advantage of their new recouped roles.

This month they were keynote speakers at a star-studded JP Morgan conference that wealthy experts think they could have raised up to $ 1 million.

But sources have stressed that the couple “will be in the UK regularly” and maintain the same charities to support Commonwealth causes for mental health.

The future relationship between Harry and Meghan with the family is still being refined and will be reviewed in the spring of 2021.

The Duke and Duchess will attend the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey on March 9, probably their last official appearance as working members of the monarchy, with the Queen and other high royals.

The event is normally attended by the Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and is an important event in Her Majesty’s calendar.

.