Meghan and Harry betrayed the royal family, claims royal pundit Penny Junor at first Megxit anniversary
Meghan and Harry ‘threw a huge bomb into the heart of the institution’ with their allegations against Oprah Winfrey, a royal expert claims.
Royal biographer Penny Junor also said the couple betrayed the royal family and caused lasting damage to the monarchy in the year since they retired as senior royals.
In Meghan and Harry’s explosive interview with US talk show host Ms. Winfrey, the couple claimed that a royal family was “concerned” about “how dark” Archie’s skin would be.
Meghan said it was ‘a fairly safe’ assumption to suggest that the member of the royal family in question – whom she declined to name – was ‘concerned’ that Archie being ‘too brown’ was ‘a problem’.
It was later confirmed that the person was not the Queen or Prince Philip.
On March 31, 2020 – a year ago tomorrow – the Duke and Duchess of Sussex resigned from their royal duties and stopped using their HRH styles.
They have since started a new life in their £ 11 million mansion in Montecito, California.
Meghan and Harry ‘threw a huge bomb into the heart of the institution’ with their allegations against Oprah Winfrey (pictured during the interview), a royal expert claimed
Royal biographer Penny Junor also said the couple betrayed the royal family (pictured together last year) and caused lasting damage to the monarchy in the year since they retired as senior royals.
Ms. Junor said: “When Harry and Meghan left a year ago, people were surprised and disappointed because they were a great couple.
Harry was a hugely popular royal family and Meghan was a great asset to the family.
‘A year later I think a lot of people are really upset and think they betrayed their family and dropped a huge bomb in the heart of the institution and also made some kind of swipe at the UK.’
The Sussex’s two-hour TV sit-down with Mrs. Winfrey early this month left the royal family facing one of the worst crises for generations.
Meghan said an unnamed royal family – later confirmed to be neither the Queen nor the Duke of Edinburgh – worried Harry about how dark their son Archie’s skin tone might be before he was born.
The couple have started a new life in their £ 10.67 million mansion in Montecito, California (pictured)
In Meghan and Harry’s explosive interview with US talk show host Ms. Winfrey, the couple claimed that a royal family was “concerned” about “how dark” Archie’s skin would be. It was later confirmed that the person was neither the Queen (pictured) nor Prince Philip
The Duchess also said she was contemplating suicide, but received no support from the institution, even when she pleaded for help.
Meghan Markle is ‘planning to give birth to her second child at her and Prince Harry’s $ 14.7 million Santa Barbara mansion,’ claims the source
Meghan Markle is planning to give birth to her second child with Prince Harry in the comfort of her own mansion in America, an insider claims.
The Duchess of Sussex, 39, will welcome her second child to the Duke of Sussex, 36, in the summer, and is believed to be hoping to have a home birth at their beautiful $ 14.7 million Santa Barbara estate in Montecito, California. .
Speaking of Meghan’s birth plans, a source said Page six: “She has a beautiful home in California, it is a beautiful area to give birth to her daughter.”
If Meghan and Prince Harry’s baby is born in America, she will automatically be entitled to US citizenship and will have dual UK citizenship through her father. She can also run for president if she was born on American soil.
The source also said Meghan initially planned to have a home birth for Archie, now 22 months old, but couldn’t because her son was a week late.
Instead of welcoming her child with an all-female midwife team at Frogmore Cottage, the mother was transferred to the private London hospital in Portland, where she gave birth to Archie on May 6, 2019.
The source explained, ‘Meghan’s plan was to have a home birth with Archie, but you know what they say about the best plans.’
MailOnline has contacted representatives for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for comment.
Harry said he felt ‘abandoned’ by his father, the Prince of Wales, said he had been cut off financially by his family in the months leading up to Megxit, and expressed shock at his loss of taxpayer-funded security.
The interview aired while Harry’s grandfather, 99-year-old Philip, was in the hospital and recovering from heart surgery.
Mrs. Junor described the crisis as worse than Edward VIII’s abdication.
‘The circumstances are very different. Edward VIII was pushed out, while Harry and Meghan chose to leave – but I think this is more damaging, ‘she said.
“It seemed that Edwards abdication would harm the monarchy, but in fact it didn’t because his brother was ready to step into his shoes, and George VI did very well and restored the monarchy’s reputation.”
She added of the Oprah interview, ‘These are really terrible allegations that will linger.’
Others supported the Sussexes after the interview.
Bernice King, the youngest child of the late civil rights activist Martin Luther King, tweeted at the time, “Royalty is not a shield against the devastation and despair of racism.”
Tennis star and Meghan’s girlfriend Serena Williams also supported the Duchess, tweeting, ‘Her words illustrate the pain and cruelty she has experienced.
“I know firsthand the institutions for sexism and racism and use the media to slander women and people of color in order to minimize us, tear us down and demonize us.”
In the days following the interview, American broadcaster Gayle King – a friend of Meghan – revealed that the initial conversations between Harry and Charles and the Duke of Cambridge were “ unproductive. ”
Mrs. Junor suggested that King’s revelation would have an indelible impact on Harry’s relationship with his family.
“The fact that the gist of that conversation was broadcast is a terrible breach of trust,” said Ms. Junor.
‘I don’t know how the whole problem will be resolved because Harry has shown that he is not trustworthy, and that if the royals approach him, if he doesn’t like what they say, chances are it will work out. are on worldwide television. ‘
The Sussexes, expecting their second child – a daughter – in the summer, have embraced their new life in California.
They’ve negotiated lucrative multi-million dollar deals with both Netflix and Spotify, founded their philanthropic Archewell foundation, moved to a Montecito mansion, and Harry has been hired as chief impact officer for BetterUp Inc, which sells employee coaching and mental health care to companies. .
The Duchess of Sussex, 39, (pictured with Archie and Prince Harry) is reportedly planning a home birth for her baby
But the fallout from Megxit and the Oprah interview is far from over.
The Queen made a statement saying that the issues raised would be treated privately as a family, but that “some memories may be different.”
Buckingham Palace is considering appointing a diversity tsar to help assess and improve representation throughout the Royal Household.
As the rift between Harry and his family continues, the palace has commissioned an outside legal team to assist its investigation into allegations of bullying against Meghan.
The Times reported that the Duchess allegedly expelled two personal assistants and ‘humiliated’ staff on several occasions, which she denies.