A 26-year-old woman who dreamed of being able to afford cosmetic teeth whitening has turned her idea into a hugely successful business that has now whitened 200,000 smiles across Australia for a fraction of the typical dental cost.
Alison Egan, from Sydney, came up with the idea Sparkling white smile when she was only 21 years old and decided she wanted to whiten her own teeth.
But when she couldn’t find the procedure for less than $ 1,000, Alison knew she wanted to do something about this – and now she and her company have whitened thousands of teeth for about $ 300 per treatment.
A 26-year-old woman who dreamed she could afford cosmetic teeth whitening turned her idea into a hugely successful company that has now whitened 200,000 smiles (Alison Egan photo)
Alison Egan, from Sydney, came up with the idea for Sparkling White Smile when she was only 21 years old and decided she wanted to have her own teeth whitened (a transformation of a client pictured)
“I begged my parents for three days to help me purchase equipment when I was 21, and they finally agreed to lend me $ 10,000,” Alison told FEMAIL.
‘I spent time with dentists who wanted to teach me the ins and outs. I literally studied everything I could about whitening teeth; it’s a non-qualifying course so it worked with what I was already doing as a health professional. ‘
While studying nursing, Alison set up her business idea and through word of mouth began to get her first clients.
“It was slow progress at first, as it spread through word of mouth,” she said.
“But now, as a company, we whiten the teeth of more than 500 people a week – and it’s growing.”
While studying nursing, Alison set up her business idea and through word of mouth began to get her first clients (the results of a client in the photo)
Now, as a company, Sparkling White Smile whitens the teeth of as many as 500 customers per week (customer transformations shown)
Treatments at Sparkling white Smile include the signature triple treatment ($ 300), which you can do from the comfort of your own home and whiten your teeth 5-7 shades in just one session (the whitening process in the photo)
How does Alison recommend that you keep your teeth white?
* Regular three monthly reloads
* Regular use of the On the Go Finger Wipes
* Clean your teeth twice a day
* Floss often
* Drink a lot of water.
* Avoid the following: coffee, black tea, red wine and smoking
Treatments at Sparkling white Smile include the signature triple treatment ($ 300), which you can do from the comfort of your own home and whiten your teeth 5-7 shades in just one session.
Alison said they also have the Ultra White treatment ($ 500), which is done in two sessions and lightens your teeth between 7 and 14 shades.
The treatments include peroxide gels, a laser accelerator lamp to quickly activate the whitening gel, and of course their highly trained and dedicated technicians.
“It is difficult to estimate what the company is currently worth in the economic climate, but the amount of opportunity and growth that has come to us through COVID-19 is incredible,” said Alison.
“The demand for beauty treatments after such a long period of isolation has been overwhelming.”
According to Alison, the fact that Sparkling White Smile is a mobile service makes it much more accessible for busy men and women:
“We do a lot of our bleaching at night after work,” she told FEMAIL.
“About 30 percent of our customer base is now also male, because I think they enjoy whitening their teeth from the comfort of their own home.”
The treatments include peroxide gels, a laser accelerating lamp to quickly activate the whitening gel and of course their highly trained and dedicated technicians (a client’s results are shown)
When it comes to her trade secrets, the 26-year-old said the most important thing is never to give up and ‘always follow your dreams’ (a client’s transformation is pictured)
When it comes to her trade secrets, the 26-year-old said the most important thing is never to give up and “always follow your dreams.”
“It’s not always going to be easy, but at the end of the day, when you look back on everything, you really feel like you’ve achieved something great,” she said.
‘I really love my job and I love making people laugh every day. Do something you love and it will never feel like work. ‘
For more information about Sparkling White Smile, please visit the website here.
What distinguishes Sparkling White Smile is that the bleaching can be done from the comfort of people at home (the results of the customer in the photo)
Teeth whitening involves bleaching the teeth to lighten their color. After treatment, teeth appear a few shades whiter, but usually not bright white (client transformation shown)
What is teeth whitening and how does it work?
* Teeth whitening involves bleaching the teeth to lighten their color. After the treatment, the teeth look a few shades whiter, but usually not bright white.
* Teeth whitening is an optional procedure – it is rarely a necessity.
* Bleaching products typically use the chemicals hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide.
* The bleach penetrates the enamel layer of the tooth and into the dentin, most of the inside of the tooth which is slightly softer than the enamel.
* The bleach reacts with the colored molecules that cause discoloration. The dentin then becomes lighter and the teeth look whiter. Bleach can also reflect the enamel surface more, which also looks whiter.
* Teeth can be discolored by drinking red wine, tea, coffee and Coca Cola.
* Bleaching is generally successful and can last for several years, but it is not permanent: for example, tea, coffee and red wine can stain your teeth again.
* The most common side effects, which are often temporary, include tooth sensitivity, especially from force-bleaching, and gum irritation.
Source: Health Direct