So far, Daley Blind has made only one start in the FC Bayern jersey. There probably won’t be too many more.
As stated in a “Sky” report on Monday, it has now been “100 percent” decided that the Dutch defender will leave Munich again next summer.
Blind was only committed as a supplementary player in the winter transfer period anyway. Nevertheless, the 33-year-old has not lived up to expectations and has not pushed for a regular place with the German record champions to date.
The left foot was used in a total of five competitive games for FC Bayern, four of them in the Bundesliga. Under the new head coach Thomas Tuchel, Blind has not played a single minute in a competitive game.
As the media report went on to say, all parties are said to have now come to terms with the decision that there will be no further cooperation between the second in the table and the 101-time Dutch international from the summer.
The advisors to the native of Amsterdam have long been exploring the market for possible future options. As it is said, the veteran should have several options on the table.
Blind joined FC Bayern on a free transfer
Blind joined FC Bayern in January this year after his contract with Dutch record champions Ajax Amsterdam had been terminated.
In his professional career, the defensive specialist played alongside Ajax for FC Groningen and for four years for the English record champions Manchester United.
FC Bayern had signed Blind primarily as a backup player and reacted to Lucas Hernandez’s cruciate ligament injury. He was therefore only equipped with a half-year contract anyway.