Thousands of women have crowned the best makeup, skincare and fragrance products for 2021 in Mecca’s beloved ‘Best in Beauty’ awards.
Every year, Australia’s largest beauty retailer, Mecca asks its customers to vote for the best mascara, lipstick, moisturizer and more, to reveal the products shoppers just can’t live without.
This year, more than 24,000 beauty lovers cast more than 220,000 votes for the items they can’t get enough of.
The highest-grossing category was skin care, with 41,000 votes, followed closely by makeup, which received 26,000 nominations.
Thousands of women have crowned the best makeup, skincare and fragrance products for 2021 in Mecca’s ‘Best in Beauty’ awards (NARS’ Sheer Glow pictured in use, which won ‘Best Base’)
Winners included Tatcha’s The Dewy Skin Cream ($103), which was named as the best moisturizer; Sol de Janeiro’s Braziliam Bum Bum Cream was named the best body product (both pictured)
One of this year’s biggest winners was Tatcha’s Dewy Skin Cream ($103), which was named “Best Moisturiser” and received a whopping 11,000 nominations.
Shoppers praised the rich, luxurious cream for instantly moisturizing their skin and giving it a dewy, plump boost.
Many said they love the addition of Japanese superfoods, including green tea, rice, and algae, which simultaneously provide essential nutrients for optimal skin health and a youthful appearance.
Another hotly contested category was the ‘Best Hair Hero’, which was won by Briogeo and their Don’t Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Hair Mask ($55).
This won the hair category by just 500 votes.
In terms of makeup, the biggest winners were Too Faced’s Better Than Sex Mascara ($39), which sells a tube around the world every seven seconds (shown in use)
Prize winners ‘Best in Beauty’ award
* BEST HAIR HERO: Briogeo Don’t despair, fix! Deep conditioning hair mask.
* BEST PERFUME: Maison Margiela By The Fireplace eau de toilette.
* BEST BODY: Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Butt Cream.
* BEST BASIS: NARS pure glow.
* BEST LIPSTICK: MAC lipstick.
* BEST MASCARA: Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.
* BEST DEVICE: Dr Dennis Gross Spectralite Faceware.
* BEST SERUM: Drunk Elephant TLC Raspberry Glycolic Night Serum.
* BEST MOISTURIZER: Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream.
* BEST SERVICE: MECCA glamour.
* BEST NEWBODY: Glow Recipe Watermelon Dewdrops.
* BEST MULTI-USE PRODUCT: RMS Lips2Cheek.
Award winners ‘Best in Beauty’ continued’
* BEST CLEANER: Tatcha the rice wash.
* BEST MAKEUP EXTENDER: Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Spray.
* BEST EYE CARE: Chantecaille Stress Repair Concentrate +.
* BEST CHEEK DOLL: Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks.
* BEST BROW PRODUCT: Hourglass Bow Eyebrow Sculpt Pencil.
* BEST STAIN CARE: dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel.
* BEST TANNING PRODUCT: Isle of Paradise self-tanning drops.
* BEST HOME FRAGRANCE: La Labo Santal 26 Candle.
* BEST INVESTMENT: Cosmetics27 Baume27.
* BEST HALL OF FAME: MECCA Cosmetics To Save Face SPF50+.
MAC won the ‘Best Lipstick’ award with their $30 affordable bullets (pictured); MAC lipsticks have an impressive 4.7 star rating on the Mecca website
When it comes to makeup, the biggest winners were Too Faced Better than sex mascara ($39), which sells a tube every seven seconds around the world and promises dramatically improved lashes in seconds.
MAC won the prize for ‘Best Lipstick’ with their affordable $30 bullets.
MAC lipsticks have an impressive 4.7 stars on the Mecca website, and they have been described as ‘beautiful’, a ‘must have’ and the ‘perfect everyday color’.
Meanwhile, the best newcomer from the world of skincare was Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Dew Drops ($52; pictured in use)
The ‘Best Eyebrow Product’ turned out to be from Hourglass Bow Brow Sculpting Pencil ($52), promising an instantly defined brow shape and color.
Meanwhile, the best newcomer came from the world of skincare, and that was Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Dewdrops ($52).
Many have said that this is the ultimate multi-purpose facial serum that gives the skin a dewy glow without the use of glitter, pearls or mica.
Glow Recipe and NARS were among the winners in a skincare and makeup category (both pictured)
Of the brands that won the ‘Best in Beauty’ awards, only Dr. Dennis Gross and Tatcha each have two categories.
Like the moisturizer, the Rice Wash is made with Japanese superfoods and natural ingredients.
It helps soften, smooth and moisturize the face while removing impurities.
For more information about the ‘Best in Beauty’ awards, please visit the Mecca website here.