McDonald’s employee shines light to reveal mass of WORMS in soda machine

Disgusting moment when a McDonald’s employee shines a light to reveal a mass of WORMS in a soda machine at one of the chain’s London restaurants

  • The video was shot by an employee of a branch in Old Kent Road, South London
  • The images show earthworms stuck on the drain of the soda machine
  • McDonald’s said drink station ‘closed immediately’ for a ‘deep clean’


This is the disgusting moment when a McDonald’s employee shines a light to reveal a mass of worms in a soda machine at one of the fast food chain’s restaurants.

The video was shot at a branch in Old Kent Road, South London, and posted on TikTok.

McDonald’s said the beverage station was “closed immediately” once the problem was identified and a “deep clean” was carried out.

This is the disgusting moment when a McDonald’s employee shines a light to reveal a mass of worms in a soda machine at the fast food chain’s restaurant in Old Kent Road, south London

The video was shot at a branch in Old Kent Road, south-east London, and was posted on TikTok

The video was shot at a branch in Old Kent Road, south-east London, and was posted on TikTok

In the video, the person filming, allegedly a whistleblower from the fast food chain, shines a light on the drain of a soda machine.

It shows earthworms stuck to the top of the drain, below the signs for Coca-Cola, Fanta and Oasis.

The video is accompanied by the caption: ‘This is McDonald’s Old Kent Road in South London’.

The worker initially claimed the creatures were maggots, but McDonald’s said they were earthworms.

McDonald's said the drinks station on the Old Kent Road chain (pictured) was

McDonald’s said the drinks station on the Old Kent Road chain (pictured) was “closed immediately” once the problem was identified and a “deep clean” was carried out

A McDonald’s spokesperson told MyLondon: ‘We take cleanliness and hygiene very seriously.

“Unfortunately, a few weeks ago we were notified of a problem with the drainage of the drinks station of our Old Kent Road restaurant.

“We immediately closed the beverage station and our hygiene team identified the cause of the problem which was rectified before a thorough cleaning was carried out.

“The space was inspected by outside specialists and no drinks were served to customers until we were sure the problem had been fully resolved.”

The spokesperson also told the website that it was an “isolated incident, not a plague.”

McDonald’s also had to apologize last week and close its restaurant in Beckton after a video was posted showing maggots falling from the ceiling and onto tables and floors.

Advertisement

.