Plate of Origin judge Matt Preston reveals he HILDED after his first meal at a restaurant after the closing
Matt Preston has revealed he was very excited when restaurants across Australia opened their doors to service in May, after nearly eight weeks of lockdown.
The 59-year-old food critic and the Plate of Origin judge told me New idea that he actually cried when he ate his first restaurant meal in two months.
‘My first meal back in a restaurant after closing [made me cry],’ he said.
Emotional moment: Plate of Origin judge Matt Preston (pictured) revealed he was crying after having his first restaurant meal
“I hadn’t realized how much I’d missed dinner with friends,” he added.
In May, businesses across Australia opened their doors for the first time after being closed to dinner service for nearly eight weeks.
Cafés, restaurants and bars were only allowed to offer take-out food under the restrictions introduced on March 23 to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Restrictions: Matt said he ‘hadn’t realized how much I missed eating with friends’
However, Melbourne was jailed again last month after a spike in COVID-19 cases.
Matt recently returned to TV on Channel Seven’s Plate of Origin alongside his former MasterChef co-star Gary Mehigan and MKR’s Manu Feildel.
Despite massive promotion from the network, the cooking show premiered on August 31 to just 667,000 metro viewers.
Back to work: Matt recently returned to TV on Channel Seven’s Plate of Origin alongside his former MasterChef co-star Gary Mehigan (right) and MKR’s Manu Feildel (center)
The numbers have continued to drop nightly, with 510,000 viewers tuning in to last Monday’s episode, while only 419,000 people watched Tuesday.
Plate of Origin was not only beaten in the ratings of Channel 10’s The Masked Singer and Nine’s The Block, even Anh’s Brush with Fame on the ABC attracted more viewers.
Despite the bombings of Plate of Origin, Seven has had a strong year with the success of both Big Brother and Farmer Wants a Wife.
Troubled Times: Despite massive network promotion, the program premiered on August 31 to only 667,000 metro viewers