& # 39; We were pleased with what was being offered & # 39 ;: Matt Preston from MasterChef reveals that he heard he had been posted on Instagram – while opening the Channel 10 shock decision
He and his fellow jury members from MasterChef, George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan, were expelled from the popular cooking show last week.
And on Sunday morning, Matt Preston, 57, opened Channel 10's shock decision to end his contract after 11 years.
Speak against The Daily Telegraph, the chef revealed that he heard that his contract on Instagram was terminated after he disagreed on the terms of the network.
& # 39; We were pleased with what was offered & # 39 ;: Matt Preston (photo) said that MasterChef jury members had accepted Network Ten's financial offer, but & # 39; were unable to agree on other terms & conditions & # 39;
& # 39; We were happy with what was offered, in fact, we had accepted Ten's financial offer to make the next MasterChef series, & he said the publication.
& # 39; We simply have not agreed on the other terms and conditions, & # 39; he added.
Last week, Channel 10 confirmed that Matt, along with his fellow veteran judges, did not return to the show, claiming they could not agree on a pay raise.
Shock: Matt spoke to The Daily Telegraph on Sunday and revealed that his contract had been terminated on Instagram in the midst of failed negotiations
"Despite months of negotiations, Ten was unable to reach a commercial agreement that was satisfactory to Matt, Gary, and George," said Ten Paul CEO Paul Tenerson in a statement.
& # 39; We want to thank Gary, George and Matt for their contribution over the past 11 years. & # 39;
The network chef revealed that there will be a 12th season of the cooking show with new jury members in 2020.
End of an era: Last week, Network Ten confirmed that MasterChef judges Gary Mehigan (L), George Calombaris (C) and Matt Preston (R) would not return to the show
The shocking news came shortly after Tien was under pressure to fire George, who was in the middle of a & # 39; wage theft & # 39; scandal.
The food critic was fined $ 200,000 for the underpayment of 515 employees in his restaurant between 2011 and 2017.
He was forced to pay his staff and will have his company checked for the next three years.
Controversy: Channel 10's shock decision to end the contracts of the experienced jury members comes shortly after George (photo) is in the middle of a & # 39; wage theft & # 39; scandal
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) tvshowbiz