Advertisements
& # 39; They were shocked and destroyed & # 39 ;: MasterChef judges were reportedly & # 39; blindly & # 39; when Channel 10 would not meet their salary requirements, according to Woman's Day on Monday

& # 39; They were shocked and destroyed & # 39 ;: MasterChef judges were & # 39; blind & # 39; when Channel 10 did not meet their salary requirements – because they did not expect the network to call & # 39; their bluff & # 39;

Advertisements

MasterChef judges Matt Preston, George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan left the show last week amid reports of a payment dispute.

But an insider has revealed that the trio & # 39; shocked & # 39; was when Channel 10 refused to give them a 40 percent increase on their $ 1 million salaries.

The source told it women's Day that Matt, George and Gary did not expect their negotiations to fail and were not willing to leave the show after 11 years.

& # 39; They were shocked and destroyed & # 39 ;: MasterChef judges were reportedly & # 39; blindly & # 39; when Channel 10 would not meet their salary requirements, according to Woman's Day on Monday

Advertisements

& # 39; They were shocked and destroyed & # 39 ;: MasterChef judges were reportedly & # 39; blindly & # 39; when Channel 10 would not meet their salary requirements, according to Woman's Day on Monday

& # 39; The judges did not expect them (Channel 10) to call their bluff and were shocked and destroyed that it had gone wrong & # 39 ;, said the insider.

& # 39; They didn't have a backup plan and didn't even want to leave. & # 39;

Apparently Matt and Gary told executives that they had an & # 39; all-in package & # 39; were after they found out that the network was concerned about George's underpayment scandal.

& # 39; They had no backup plan & # 39 ;: MasterChef reviews Matt Preston (photo), George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan left the show last week amid reports of a dispute over payment

& # 39; They had no backup plan & # 39 ;: MasterChef reviews Matt Preston (photo), George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan left the show last week amid reports of a dispute over payment

& # 39; They had no backup plan & # 39 ;: MasterChef reviews Matt Preston (photo), George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan left the show last week amid reports of a dispute over payment

& # 39; They made that ultimatum and it was decided to clear the decks in a few hours & # 39 ;, the source added.

Advertisements

Last week, Channel 10 confirmed that the jury members would not return to the show after they could not reach an agreement on salary issues.

Paul Anderson, CEO of the network, said in a statement: "Despite months of negotiations, Ten was unable to reach a commercial agreement that was satisfactory to Matt, Gary and George."

Channel 10 CEO Paul Anderson said last week: & # 39; Despite months of negotiations, Ten was unable to reach a commercial agreement that was satisfactory to Matt, Gary and George & # 39;

Channel 10 CEO Paul Anderson said last week: & # 39; Despite months of negotiations, Ten was unable to reach a commercial agreement that was satisfactory to Matt, Gary and George & # 39;

Channel 10 CEO Paul Anderson said last week: & # 39; Despite months of negotiations, Ten was unable to reach a commercial agreement that was satisfactory to Matt, Gary and George & # 39;

& # 39; We want to thank Gary, George and Matt for their contribution over the past 11 years, & # 39; he added.

Advertisements

The network chief confirmed in his statement that there will be a 12th season of the cooking show with new jury members in 2020.

The news came shortly after George was fined $ 200,000 for underpaying 515 employees in his restaurant empire MAdE Establishment between 2011 and 2017.

Scandal: the trio's departure came after George (photo) was fined $ 200,000 for underpaying 515 employees in his restaurant empire MAdE Establishment between 2011 and 2017

Scandal: the trio's departure came after George (photo) was fined $ 200,000 for underpaying 515 employees in his restaurant empire MAdE Establishment between 2011 and 2017

Scandal: the trio's departure came after George (photo) was fined $ 200,000 for underpaying 515 employees in his restaurant empire MAdE Establishment between 2011 and 2017

Advertisements

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) tvshowbiz