The next wave of courses – and a new character – is coming Mario Kart 8 Luxury will be released on Nintendo Switch on March 9, Nintendo announced on Thursday. (That’s Mario Day Eve, by the way.) Wave 4 of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe‘s Booster Course Pass DLC includes a brand new level, Yoshi’s Island, and a returning character, Birdo.
Nintendo also announced the rest of the courses coming in Booster Course Pass wave 4, including remastered tracks from Mario Kart games Super circuit, Double dash!!, Tour, and more. Here’s the full list of them Mario Kart 8 Deluxe‘s Booster Course Pass wave 4 DLC, with descriptions provided by Nintendo.
- Tour Amsterdam Drift – Cruise from quaint city streets to fields of colorful tulips in this Amsterdam-inspired course that evolved from the mobile game Mario Kart tour.
- GBA Riverside Park – Go through waterfalls and over bridges on this jungle-themed course full of sharp turns and towering greenery in this course that originated in Mario Kart: Super Circuit!
- Wii DK summit – Soar to new heights and make your way through the hills on this twisty, twisty, and wintry track with plenty of ramps and some cool sculptures from famous friends. Watch out for banana peels!
- Yoshi’s Island – Move and groove around this new and nostalgic track inspired by the SuperMario World 2: Yoshi’s Island game on Super NES! Flick your feet into the winner’s circle as you whiz through flower-covered hills and across cloud-strewn skies – and is that a giant NepEnut?!
- Tour of Bangkok Hast – Golden skies, shimmering waterways and stunning views are enough to call your name on this course that originated in Mario Kart tour.
- DS Mario Circuit – It may be called Mario Circuit, but this Mario Kart DS inspired course, none other than Peach’s Castle takes pride of place among the flowering trees and manicured lawns – complete with a winding path through the castle’s interior!
- GCN Waluigi Stadium – Waluigi is here to give the people WAH-t they want! This time get ready to race around the many obstacles and ramps that make up this fast-paced dirt track that originated in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Tour Singapore Speedway – The city lights shine brightly at night – but don’t slow down to stare! Drift your way to first place and be mindful of the holiday gombas on this colorful track that originated in Mario Kart tour.
As Nintendo previously announced, Birdo is just the first of several new racers to come Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. There are no hints yet on who is next.
The previous wave of courses dropped in December, releasing classic Mario Kart tracks like Maple Treeway Mario KartWii And mario kart 7‘s Rainbow Road to the Switch game. Two more waves of DLC are planned.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe‘s Booster Course Pass costs $24.99 and can be purchased from Nintendo eShop. The pass is also included in the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack, which costs $49.99 per year for an individual, or $79.99 per year for a family subscription.