Manchester City promises to keep their top stars informed as they appeal against a two-year UEFA ban
Manchester City promises to keep their top stars up to date while appealing against a two-year ban on the Champions League by UEFA for financial fair play amid fears of exodus by players
- Manchester City is fighting to stay in the Champions League after a 2-year ban
- The Etihad club has been accused of violating financial fair play rules
- They will present their case to the Arbitration Court for Sport to appeal
- The city has vowed to keep their stars up to date while fighting the decision
- There is a fear that the club would lose their best players if the ban was enforced
Manchester City has promised to keep players regularly informed of their upcoming appeal against a two-year European ban.
Etihad leaders promise to be as transparent as possible after talks with the team in the aftermath of the bomb announcement on Friday night.
There are major concerns from the club that players will be looking to leave the current Premier League champions due to the ban on the Champions League.
Pep Guardiola has vowed to stay in Manchester City despite their two-year European ban
Nevertheless, city leaders have told players that they will be kept informed at every step when they launch a fight against their prohibition.
City is expected to appeal to the Arbitration Court for Sport in the coming days.
Sportsmail Understands that City officials have already informed players that they at least expect their UEFA suspension to be halved for two seasons.
The outcome of City’s pending appeal is likely to have a significant impact on how players view their long-term future at the club, with agents who are sure to use updates to prepare for the transfer window for the summer.
The news has raised concerns that Manchester City might lose some of their top players
Raheem Sterling became the first Manchester City star to assign his future to the club after last week’s ruling.
The verdict led to speculation about a large number of top players from the club, who are tipped to leave because of their European exile.
Indeed, Real Madrid – who are well-known admirers of Sterling – is already associated this summer with a huge money movement for the English star.
Sterling, however, does not want the current uncertainty about the European future of City to derail its focus on the business end of the season.
Raheem Sterling has promised his future to City, but his teammates still have to follow the example
Municipal officials want to reassure their stars if they appeal against the UEFA ruling
The attacker is not distracted by a conversation about an exit this summer and is purely focused on trying to get the first title of the City Champions League ever and to achieve a double domestic cup.
Colossal Sports Management CEO and founder Aidy Ward, who has been representing Sterling since he was in school, told Sportsmail: “Raheem is exclusively focused on Manchester City and will not be distracted by talks about transfers to a club right now.”
The news will be a huge boost for City and manager Pep Guardiola, who knows that he needs Sterling to be completely committed to the club if they have a chance to cancel the Champions League this season.