Manchester City are refusing to include key players in a transfer offer for Barcelona icon Lionel Messi
Manchester City refuses to include Gabriel Jesus, Bernardo Silva or Riyad Mahrez in a transfer offer for Barcelona icon Lionel Messi … but the La Liga side is still interested in Angelino and Eric Garcia
- Manchester City will not exchange the stars of the first team for Lionel Messi of Barcelona
- Gabriel Jesus, Bernardo Silva and Riyad Mahrez have all been linked with a move
- Sportsmail has been told City wants the trio to stay with the Manchester club
- The Catalan giants are interested in signing City left back Angelino this summer
Manchester City are unwilling to take on regular first-team players in an effort to bring Lionel Messi out of Barcelona.
Gabriel Jesus, Bernardo Silva and Riyad Mahrez have all been suggested as possible part of the negotiations with Barcelona.
Sportsmail have been told that City wants the trio to stay in Pep Guardiola’s squad for the coming season and that they don’t want them to leave for Camp Nou or anywhere else.
Manchester City are unwilling to include Gabriel Jesus in a potential deal to sign Lionel Messi
Riyad Mahrez has been mooted as possibly part of the negotiation of the deal
Bernardo Silva is a player of particular importance to Barcelona and still wants to sign him
Silva is a player of particular interest to Barcelona, who had made noises earlier this summer about the possibility of signing the Portuguese international.
The Catalan giants are interested in City left-back Angelino, who is estimated to be worth around £ 25m after spending a profitable lease at RB Leipzig and reaching the Champions League semi-finals. Angelino has started just four Premier League appearances for City in two spells.
The teenage defender, Eric Garcia, also remains on Barcelona’s radar after his refusal to sign a new contract at the Etihad Stadium.
The process of Messi’s landing was set in motion by a personal phone call from the Argentinian
Sportsmail has been told City wants the trio to stay with Pep Guardiola
City is no stranger to transfers where players go in different directions after full-back Joao Cancelo came over from Juventus last year, while Danilo went to Turin at the same time.
The process of landing Messi was triggered by a personal phone call from the Argentinian to Guardiola, but significant complications remain for him with his departure from Catalonia.
The transfer window has only been open for five weeks, closing on October 5, and it will likely take some time for Messi’s situation to be resolved.
The Catalan giants are interested in City left back Angelino, who is estimated to be worth around £ 25 million
The teenage defender, Eric Garcia, is also staying on Barcelona’s radar as he wants to leave
The 33-year-old believes he is technically justified in asking for free, due to a clause in his contract that expired on June 10, while football was on hiatus.
However, Barcelona rejects that idea and will want to reclaim a significant transfer fee for their greatest ever player from any suitor.
It makes negotiations with City delicate, with the Premier League patiently awaiting the outcome of the feud between Barcelona’s lawyers and Messi.