Man swallows a sewing needle found in a Woolworths strawberry basket in Brisbane

A man has posted an image of a sewing needle protruding from a strawberry, claiming that his friend had to be taken to the emergency room after swallowing another on Sunday afternoon

"They suspect it's a dirty game": the man is taken to the hospital after swallowing a NEEDLE hidden inside a fresh strawberry from Woolworths

  • A man says he was quickly taken to the emergency room after swallowing a sewing pin
  • He says he swallowed the needle in a strawberry, before finding another
  • Woolworths confirmed that the brand of strawberries has been removed from the shelves
  • The men say they suspect that someone else planted the needle, but they do not know who

Alex Chapman for Daily Mail Australia

A Woolworths client says he was rushed to the emergency room after swallowing a sewing needle trapped in a strawberry.

Joshua Gane was driving with his friend, Haoni van Dorp, on Sunday afternoon, when they entered the Strathpine Center Woolworths, about 20 km north of Brisbane.

When buying a basket of strawberries, the two men left the supermarket and continued driving.

Shortly thereafter, Van Dorp says he bit one and swallowed half of a sewing needle, before the pair found another.

A man has posted an image of a sewing needle protruding from a strawberry, claiming that his friend had to be taken to the emergency room after swallowing another on Sunday afternoon

A man has posted an image of a sewing needle protruding from a strawberry, claiming that his friend had to be taken to the emergency room after swallowing another on Sunday afternoon

Gane published Facebook's odyssey, along with an image showing a metal pin protruding from a strawberry.

He said they disassembled the rest of the strawberries and found another pin.

He said his friend had to be taken to the emergency room with "severe pain in the abdomen."

The photos on Facebook show a metal pin protruding from the strawberry, but the men are not sure how it got there.

Gane said the store manager contacted him after the incident and told him they suspected a dirty game.

He wrote that it was not clear who planted the needle, but said that the police and health and safety officials were called.

Speaking to Daily Mail Australia, a spokesman for the Queensland police said they were unaware of the incident.

A spokesman for Woolworths said the brand "Berry Obsessions" has been temporarily withdrawn & # 39; from the shelves wherever they are supplied.

"Woolworths takes food safety very seriously and we are investigating these claims with our supplier," they said in a statement.

He says that after swallowing the needle, they disarmed the rest of the berries and found another

He says that after swallowing the needle, they disarmed the rest of the berries and found another

He says that after swallowing the needle, they disarmed the rest of the berries and found another

A spokesman for Woolworths said the berry brand had been "temporarily removed" from the shelves after the two men bought their basket from the Strathpine Center Woolworths.

A spokesman for Woolworths said the berry brand had been "temporarily removed" from the shelves after the two men bought their basket from the Strathpine Center Woolworths.

A spokesman for Woolworths said the berry brand had been "temporarily removed" from the shelves after the two men bought their basket from the Strathpine Center Woolworths.

Ad

.