Advertisements
Student Subham Soni (right), 20, walks to class on the side of a taxi seconds before he was set on fire by a power cable

Terrifying moment when people get 25 percent burns to their body after they have stepped on a power cable on the side of the road

  • Student Subham Soni, 20, walked to class when he stepped on a high-voltage line
  • Image material explodes the line under his foot and sets his pants on fire
  • He suffered 25 percent burns on his skin and takes several weeks of treatment
  • The incident was recorded on CCTV in Mumbai, West India
Advertisements

This is the shocking moment when a man was engulfed in flames on the street – after stepping on an underground high-voltage cable.

Student Subham Soni, 20, went up in flames after being burned to 25 percent of his body on the exposed cable in Mumbai, West India.

Terrifying CCTV images show that his pants are on fire and he run around looking for help.

Student Subham Soni (right), 20, walks to class on the side of a taxi seconds before he was set on fire by a power cable

Advertisements

Student Subham Soni (right), 20, walks to class on the side of a taxi seconds before he was set on fire by a power cable

His legs were covered with flames and he was rushed to the hospital for treatment of burns on his skin.

The Management Studies student was on his way to class when he accidentally stepped on the exposed thread.

Video footage of a nearby street camera shows how Subham, with slippers, jeans and a shirt, jumped into the air after he accidentally stood on the wire.

A spectator is shocked when Subham with slippers, jeans and a shirt jumped into the air after being engulfed in flames in front of a car

A spectator is shocked when Subham with slippers, jeans and a shirt jumped into the air after being engulfed in flames in front of a car

A spectator is shocked when Subham with slippers, jeans and a shirt jumped into the air after being engulfed in flames in front of a car

Sparks and flames created a flash of light and ignited his clothing.

Advertisements

A panicky Subham then ran down the street and desperately tried to extinguish the flames.

A witness seeking cover from the sound of the explosion can be seen in disbelief at the boy as he struggles to knock the flames off his pants.

Terrifying CCTV images show that his pants are on fire and he run around looking for help. His legs were covered with flames and he was rushed to the hospital for treatment of burns on his skin

Terrifying CCTV images show that his pants are on fire and he run around looking for help. His legs were covered with flames and he was rushed to the hospital for treatment of burns on his skin

Terrifying CCTV images show that his pants are on fire and he run around looking for help. His legs were covered with flames and he was rushed to the hospital for treatment of burns on his skin

He suffered 25 percent burns to his skin and will take several weeks of treatment, according to doctors

He suffered 25 percent burns to his skin and will take several weeks of treatment, according to doctors

Advertisements

He suffered 25 percent skin burns and will take several weeks of treatment, according to doctors

He suffered 25 percent burns to his skin and will take several weeks of treatment, according to doctors.

Power cords heard were continually the curse of people's lives in the West Indian city, causing several pedestrian accidents every month.

It is reported that the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation is currently completing plans to remove overhead cables in the southern part of the city where they still have a large presence.

Advertisements

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news