The man seriously injured in a gruesome beating caught on camera in Queens over a parking spot last week is still hospitalized after undergoing multiple surgeries, neighbors said Tuesday.
Wilson Chabla Lliguicota, 28, argued with his attackers near his home on 48th Street near 47th Avenue in Sunnyside around 3:50 p.m. Friday, authorities said.
Arturo Cuevas, 30, and Daisy Barrera, 27, attacked, and a witness told police he saw the man stab Lliguicota multiple times, according to a criminal complaint.
Barrera allegedly beat Lliguicota with a baseball bat until he fell to the ground.
In video obtained by the Daily News, Cuevas is seen repeatedly stomping on the man as Barrera stands nearby.
WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO
“You son of a bitch!” she yelled before delivering another blow to the injured man, who was already on the pavement.
After the angry couple walked away, a woman grabbed Lliguicota’s bloody hand as she appeared to make an emergency call, video shows.
A neighbor watched with horror as Lliguicota was attacked.
“When I look out the window, that’s when it all started,” said the neighbor, who did not want to be named. “Boom, boom and the knife, oh my gosh.”
The woman told The News there was nothing she could do but pray as she watched the terrifying encounter.
“Those are bad people, very bad people,” he said of the assailants. “I almost feel post-traumatic.”
Doctors took Lliguicota to Elmhurst Hospital, where he was treated for severe brain trauma and multiple cuts.
The daily news flash
Catch up on the top five stories of the day every weekday afternoon.
He underwent brain surgery and continues to fight for his life while using a ventilator to breathe, authorities said.
It wasn’t the first time the mild-mannered man had been hit over a neighborhood parking dispute, according to the witness.
“Last year someone else broke their nose,” the woman recalled.
“He doesn’t even know how to fight,” she added. “He is a worker, he does not meddle in anyone’s business.”
Barrera and Cuevas were charged with attempted murder and two counts of assault. Following an arraignment in Queens Criminal Court, he was ordered held without bail.
In a statement, Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz said the attempted murder charges and pretrial detention were appropriate, citing the “cruelty of the attack.”
“This shocking display of brutality will be met with justice,” Katz promised. “Our thoughts are with the victims.”