Man survives a lightning strike – only to choke when the villagers insist on treating his injuries by covering him in cow dung in India
- Binod and Gokula Podh were struck by lightning in the Sundargarh district, India
- Villagers covered Binod with cow dung, but he choked within minutes
- When the superstitious treatment failed, they brought Gokula to the nearest hospital
A man who survived being struck by lightning died after being covered with cow dung to treat his injuries in India.
Binod and Gokula Podh, who lived in the village of Pamara in the Sundargarh district in the state of Odisha, had been on the market when they were hit on Sunday evening.
Villagers tried to help the couple by embracing a superstition and putting a lot of animal manure on Binod's body. Ommcom News.
Villagers in India, pictured, tried to treat Binod Podh after being struck by lightning by covering his body with cow dung instead of taking him to a hospital
Instead of helping the affected man, it choked him and within a few minutes Binod stopped breathing. It was later reported that he died of suffocation.
Although it was too late to save Binod, the villagers managed to take Gokula to a hospital for proper treatment.
Binoh suffocated after being covered with cow dung, but Gokula, who was also struck by lightning, was taken to the hospital and survived
This is not the first time Indian villagers have been using cow dung to help people affected by lightning.
In June 2018, people from the Rayagada district in the state of Odisha laid manure and mud on 32-year-old Sankara Bisoi and 45-year-old Biswanath Majhi.
The two villagers were buried for about 30 minutes before a health worker found them and called for an ambulance.
Mohan Bisoi from Kanjangmandi village said: & # 39; & # 39; Cow dung and mud paste therapy is an ancestral practice of healing victims of lightning. & # 39;
Fortunately, they were admitted to the hospital and said they were stable, reports the New Indian Express.
And in May 2017, a young boy from the village of Sana Litipuli died when his family covered him in cow dung OdishaSunTimes.
His family covered him for 40 minutes in the dung and hoped he would recover from his injuries.
The two friends of the boy who were also struck by lightning were taken to the hospital and survived the incident.
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail