This is the bizarre moment a man who was shot by rapper Blueface took a selfie with him after addressing the judge ahead of his sentencing.
Kentavious Traylor had urged Judge Kathleen Delaney to impose a stiff sentence on Jonathan Porter – known by his stage name Blueface – after he was shot by the 26-year-old at a Las Vegas strip club last year.
At the end of his speech in Clark County District Court, Traylor held up his phone and took a photo showing his face and the rapper behind him.
Prosecutors initially charged Porter with attempted murder, but a plea deal reduced the charges to battery and discharging a firearm at or into an occupied structure.
Delaney on Monday sentenced the hip-hop star to up to three years of probation for the October 2022 shooting at the Euphoric Gentlemen’s Club near Las Vegas Boulevard and Sunset Road.
Kentavious Traylor claimed he was attacked by associates of rapper Blueface outside a Las Vegas strip club last year
However, before the rapper was sentenced, Traylor was seen taking a selfie with him. The photo later ended up on the Internet
Blueface, born Johnathan Jamall Porter, was sentenced to three years’ probation after shooting at Traylor’s car in October 2022. A bullet grazed Traylor’s hand
Traylor took a photo with half his face hidden, making sure Porter and his lawyers were in the picture
Blueface began shooting after Traylor allegedly made a joke and commented that he was “talking to some women in a cheap vehicle.”
A bullet grazed Traylor’s left hand.
In the bizarre courtroom footage, Traylor, wearing a purple T-shirt, raises his cell phone to take a photo, then turns and strolls out of the courtroom as he is escorted by an officer.
The photo was later posted online. Half of Traylor’s face is invisible – Porter and his attorney Lisa Rasmussen stand in the center of the frame with blank expressions on their faces.
“I know people who get more time for stealing gum, to be honest. I know people who spend more time stealing TVs than shooting someone,” Traylor said just before taking the selfie.
Rasmussen had previously said Traylor was involved in a separate argument the same night the shooting occurred.
She claimed he shot a gun at a group of people “who he believed had hurt him during the fight,” causing them to jump back. He then “drove into a group of people, eventually hitting a woman and other cars and then took off.”
According to Rasmussen, it was only then that Porter started shooting.
“While I’m not here to downplay it in any way — it’s dangerous, there’s no doubt about it — but there’s a lot about Mr. Traylor that led to this,” the lawyer said.
Traylor had claimed that men he believed were part of Porter’s entourage beat him; When he tried to get away in his truck, the men started shooting at him.
He began his testimony by speaking out against the justice system, claiming he was “completely disappointed in the process.”
Porter’s attorney said Traylor was involved in a separate argument the same night the shooting occurred, during which he flashed a gun before driving into a group of people.
He said he had ‘lost all confidence in the justice system’ and was ‘completely disappointed in the process’
As part of his probation, Porter will be required to avoid the Las Vegas Strip and downtown areas unless it is for work-related purposes
Traylor said, “This crime has only taken a toll on my life since the day it happened. I haven’t been able to get a job, everything has gone to shit.
‘I hate the way my name was made fun of on social media before I even found out.’
He then said: ‘I know people – I know, myself included, would have more for domestic violence.’
His comments prompted Judge Kathleen Delaney to assure him she was not giving Porter a break “because of his status.”
Traylor was then given the opportunity to remain in court for sentencing, but he chose to leave.
He grabbed his phone, took the selfie, turned around and walked out stone-faced.
Although the shooting happened last October, Las Vegas police arrested Porter a month later.
Legal documents showed he was charged with attempted murder with a deadly weapon. He faced an additional charge of discharging into an occupied building.
His attorney, Kristina Wildeveld, noted “a strange moment” during the hearing when Traylor took the infamous selfie, calling it “a first in our decades of litigation advocacy.”
The attempted murder charge was eventually dropped as part of the plea deal, with Porter pleading guilty to the second charge – along with battery – in July.
The rules of Porter’s probation prohibit alcohol or drugs, possession of weapons or contacting Traylor.
He will have to avoid the Las Vegas Strip and the center of the city unless it is for work-related purposes.
Porter’s other attorney, Kristina Wildeveld, issued a statement that said in part: “We were pleased that the Court followed the parties’ negotiations in this case… Ultimately, Mr. Porter is only looking forward to returning to to be able to concentrate on his music career and move on with his life.’
She did note ‘a strange moment’ during the hearing.
“The complaining witness raised his phone to take a selfie with Mr. Porter from the lectern as he completed his victim impact statement,” she said.
“That was a first for us in our decades of litigation advocacy.”
The rapper’s attorneys said he could earn a reduction in the charge for a gross misdemeanor after completing his probation.
They also expect supervision to be transferred to Los Angeles County, California.
Porter’s probation sentence came just months after he was charged with a crime after taking a fan’s cell phone as she allegedly tried to film his ex-girlfriend, Chrisean Rock.
A status hearing in that case is scheduled for Oct. 4.