Man gets the shock of his life when a PYTHON comes out of his toilet while sitting on it – before the firefighter is called to pull the animal out
- Somchai, 45, from Thailand was poked by a 2-meter-high python that slithered into his toilet
- A rescue team was called in to remove the hose from the plumbing
- Volunteer Kaitisak Meesaeng grabbed the hose in the toilet with a gloved hand
- The snake was herded out of the village in a bag and released into the wild
A man in Thailand got the shock of his life after a deadly python rose from his toilet – while sitting on it.
Somchai, 45, from Samut Prakan province, was sitting on his toilet on March 28 when he felt something hit his buttocks.
When he got up to see what had hit him, he saw the head of a snake staring at him from the toilet bowl.
A volunteer, Kaitisak Meesaeng, lies on the toilet floor and sneaks up to the snake, which stuck its head over the rim of the bowl. With the help of lightning reflexes, he manages to grasp the python with a gloved hand
He tried to pour detergent on the animal to scare it away, but he soon fled and called emergency services when the 8-foot snake refused to budge.
Somchai said he saw the snake lurking outside the house in the morning, but disappeared when he tried to catch it.
He said, ‘I saw a python this morning too. I’m sure it was the same snake I used to chase him away. When I entered the toilet this time, he was not afraid of me.
I sat down and then felt something push against my bottom. Then I looked down and saw the snake. ‘
After Kaitisak grabs the 6-foot python, the rest of the rescue team goes into the toilet to help him remove the hose from the pipes.
Video footage shows a volunteer, Kaitisak Meesaeng, lying on the toilet floor, crawling to the hose, whose head protruded over the rim of the bowl.
Kaitisak moves very slowly in the images so that he does not scare the snake and force it to retreat to the sewer.
Using lightning reflexes, he manages to grasp the python with a gloved hand to subdue the animal, before using his other hand to keep it from sliding back through the u-turn.
After grabbing the python, emergency services carry the animal outside.
The rescue team then releases the python from the house and puts it in a bag to keep it safe as they travel away from the village to release it back into the wild.
Only then could the sheer size of the animal, which had slipped its way in, be appreciated.
The snake was carefully bagged to keep it in its place before the team drove off to return the animal to the wild, away from the village, after checking its health.
Kaitisak said, ‘This could have been much worse as pythons are aggressive and will bite people. It has happened before.
“We also had to be careful not to lose the hose, because the resident didn’t want it in his pipes.”