Man dies after being bitten by a snake while camping in the Northern Territory
- Man, 68, died after being bitten by a snake while camping with a friend
- He traveled between the states when he was bitten by the western brown snake
- He went to the nearby forest ranger station to ask for help before he lost consciousness
- 68-year-old camped in a national park in the Northern Territory
A 68-year-old man died after being bitten by a snake while camping in the Northern Territory.
The man was traveling on the interstate at Garig Gunak Barlu National Park in Arnhem Land in the north of the state when he was bitten by the western brown snake.
He went to a nearby ranger station for help and was treated by medical staff, but later lost consciousness.
A western brown snake is a kind of very fast, very poisonous snake from Australia (file photo)
& # 39; Treatment began immediately in consultation with the District Medical Officer and CareFlight, & # 39; said a spokesman for the Ministry of Tourism, Sport and Culture.
& # 39; Unfortunately, the man lost consciousness. & # 39;
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news