Massachusetts man accused of groping a crying 19-year-old woman sitting next to him on a flight from Japan to the US after laying a blanket over her legs so other passengers could not see & # 39;
- George Seryogin was charged with a federal indictment for abusing sexual contact aboard an aircraft during the flight
- He is accused of touching a 19-year-old woman who was sitting next to him on the plane
- She sat next to him aboard a United Airlines flight from Tokyo to Dulles International Airport in Virginia last summer
- According to the FBI statement, the victim was crying silently with tears during the attack
- He started rubbing her knee and then sexually touched her
- He covered her leg with a blanket so that no one would see him
- He did not know her beforehand and met her aboard that flight
- Seryogin denies the charges and his indictment is scheduled for Friday in Alexandria, Virginia
A man from Massachusetts has been charged with a federal criminal charge for allegedly abusing a 19-year-old woman while aboard an international flight from Japan to the US
George Seryogin, a dual American and Russian citizen, met the woman on the plane where they were in row 26 on the United Airlines flight from Tokyo to Dulles International Airport in Virginia last summer.
When he was on the run, he began to touch the woman's knee and then touched her sexually, according to the FBI-certified statement according to NBC4.
He then laid a blanket over her legs, & # 39; making it difficult for other passengers to see him & # 39 ;.
When the alleged attack took place, the victim & # 39; was quietly crying with tears streaming down her face & # 39 ;.
George Seryogin from Massachusetts has been charged with a federal indictment for sexually abusing a 19-year-old woman sitting next to him on an international flight from Japan to the US last summer. File image above
She finally pushed his hands away. It is not clear in which country the victim is a citizen.
He is confronted with a count of abuse sexual contact aboard an aircraft during the flight.
Seryogin denies the charges against him.
He is in court on Friday for his trial at the federal criminal charge and his case will be prosecuted at the federal court in Alexandria.
He started rubbing her knee, then sexually affected her and covered her leg with a blanket so that other passengers would not see it. She cried during the alleged attack and pushed his hands away. The flight was en route to Washington Dulles International Airport (above) from Toyko
& # 39; My client strongly denies the allegations against him, & # 39; said his lawyer Mary M. Nerino.
This is not the first allegation of assault that is made while aboard a flight in the US.
According to reports from the federal court, there have been at least four other sex attacks on board flights to Dulles or Reagan Washington National Airport since 2013.
The FBI has posted warning signs on television monitors at Dulles International, which warn that sexual violence aboard an aircraft is federal crime.