Man accused of murder of Trainspotting actor denies seeing a shotgun

0

Man, 30, charged with murder of Trainspotting T2 actor who was shot outside his Edinburgh flat, denies having linked a shotgun to the murder

  • 48-year-old Bradley Welsh was fatally shot in his flat in west Edinburgh in April 2019
  • 30-year-old Sean Orman had pleaded not guilty to all 15 charges against him
  • He has been cleared of 13 charges, including assault, drugs and traffic offenses, but not for the murder of Welsh and attempted murder of David McMillan
  • The court heard Orman became aware of a shotgun attached to him and of murder of Welsh in 2020, but he denies any knowledge

A man charged with the murder of a Trainspotting T2 actor has denied ever seeing a gun that is said to have been used in the murder.

48-year-old Bradley Welsh was fatally shot in his flat in the west end of Edinburgh on April 17, 2019.

Sean Orman, 30, has pleaded not guilty to all 15 charges against him, including murder, attempted murder, firearms and drug offenses, and is on trial before the Edinburgh Supreme Court.

The Crown on Wednesday removed 13 of the charges from the indictment, including assault, drug and driving offenses.

Bradley Welsh, 48, who starred in the film alongside Ewan McGregor, died after a shooting at his flat in New Town, Edinburgh, on April 17, 2019

Judge Lord Beckett told him he had been cleared of these charges.

Orman remains charged with the murder of Mr Welsh and the assault and attempted murder of David McMillan in March 2019.

The lawsuit later learned on Wednesday that Orman became aware of a shotgun attached to him and the September 2020 murder.

Orman gave evidence and said, “I’ve never seen it in my life.”

Lawyer Ian Duguid QC said: ‘Were you on April 17, 2019 in a Ford Kuga on Chester Street and shot and murdered Bradley Welsh?

Sean Orman, 30, had pleaded not guilty to all 15 charges against him, including murder, attempted murder, firearms and drug offenses, and has now seen 13 of the charges, including assault, drugs, and driving against him, have been removed

Sean Orman, 30, had pleaded not guilty to all 15 charges against him, including murder, attempted murder, firearms and drug offenses, and has now seen 13 of the charges, including assault, drugs, and driving against him, have been removed

Orman replied, “No.”

The court was told that Orman had been in a vehicle that matched that description earlier that day, and was then told to pick up a car from the Kirknewton area of ​​West Lothian.

The court heard that he was cycling from his mother’s house to the site during Channel 4 News, but there was nothing to pick up.

He said, “I remember that I was not happy that night, I was left in Kirknewton.

“I wasn’t going to get paid and I was sent on a dummy run.”

Orman also told the court that he had not heard from Mr. McMillan until the trial started.

The Edinburgh Supreme Court heard today that Orman became aware that a shotgun was linked to him and the murder in September 2020. As evidence, Orman said he had

The Edinburgh Supreme Court heard today that Orman became aware that a shotgun was linked to him and the murder in September 2020. As evidence, Orman said he had “never seen it (the gun) in my life,” and also said that he had never heard of it. Mr. McMillan until the trial began

The 30-year-old denied on March 13, 2019 in a property in Pitcairn Grove, Edinburgh, when the attempted murder allegedly took place. He said he couldn’t remember where he was.

Orman said, “I don’t remember, I have no reason to remember.”

He claimed to have become involved in the payment for moving stolen cars by a man he met in prison, known as Omar, after his release in February 2019.

Orman had been sentenced to five years in prison for assault and theft from a bookies, the court has heard.

The process continues.

Advertisement

.