Man, 18, becomes the first person in Belgium to die by vapen

Man, 18, becomes the first person in Belgium to die from vapes after e-cigarette has been blamed for his severe pneumonia

  • Raphael, a Brussels resident, died on November 6 after using an e-cigarette
  • Belgian Health Minister Maggie De Block said that death was related to vapen
  • There is & # 39; no other explanation for such severe pneumonia & # 39; to be found in Raphael

An 18-year-old was the first person to die of vape in Belgium after the authorities had attributed his breathing problems to his e-cigarette.

Raphael, a Brussels resident, died on November 6 after using the device with a cannabis derivative.

Minister of Health Maggie De Block said in the Belgian parliament: & # 39; The link with the electronic cigarette has been made. There is no other explanation for such severe pneumonia in this patient. & # 39;

The case echoed a wave of similar deaths in the United States due to a product called vitamin E acetate that is used as a thickener in evaporating oil.

Raphael, a Brussels resident, died on November 6 after using an e-cigarette with a cannabis derivative.

Raphael, a Brussels resident, died on November 6 after using an e-cigarette with a cannabis derivative.

According to early findings, the product in the Raphael e-cigarette was cannabidiol (CBD), a popular and legal hemp component with mild calming properties, but is also sold on the black market mixed with illegal and dangerous products.

& # 39; The investigation must continue to determine the precise circumstances & # 39; of Raphael's death, De Block said, underlining the country's strict rules on vape.

In a report published in July, the World Health Organization (WHO) ruled that electronic cigarettes & # 39; unmistakably harmful & # 39; and could not be recommended as an aid to help people quit smoking.

Minister of Health Maggie De Block said in the Belgian parliament: & # 39; The link with the electronic cigarette has been made. There is no other explanation for such severe pneumonia in this patient & # 39;

Minister of Health Maggie De Block said in the Belgian parliament: & # 39; The link with the electronic cigarette has been made. There is no other explanation for such severe pneumonia in this patient & # 39;

Minister of Health Maggie De Block said in the Belgian parliament: & # 39; The link with the electronic cigarette has been made. There is no other explanation for such severe pneumonia in this patient & # 39;

US health authorities have vapors like & # 39; dangerous & # 39; designated for young people, while the number of secondary school users increased almost twice between 2017 and 2018.

US officials said Friday that they have identified vitamin E acetate as the likely culprit behind a vape-related lung injury epidemic that has killed 39 people and made more than two thousand sick.

Vitamin E acetate is found in many foods and is also used in supplements and in cosmetic products such as skin cream, but interferes with lung function upon inhalation.

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news