Advertisements
The bird was found on Saturday by a member of the public in Alex Headland, on the Sunshine Coast

& # 39; Low-life rig & # 39 ;: heartless villains catch a young magpie and set the bird on fire in a & # 39; barbaric & # 39; cause of animal abuse

  • Bird was found on the Sunshine Coast on Saturday by a member of the public
  • Taken at Wildlife Rescue Sunshine Coast, which promotes the action as & # 39; barbaric & # 39; declined
  • The Queensland RSPCA said they had not received a report on cruelty
Advertisements

A magpie has been found seriously injured after being set on fire by & # 39; low-life rig & # 39 ;.

The bird was found on Saturday by a member of the public in Alex Headland, on the Sunshine Coast.

The creature was taken to Wildlife Rescue Sunshine Coast, which promoted the action as & # 39; barbaric & # 39; on social media.

The bird was found on Saturday by a member of the public in Alex Headland, on the Sunshine Coast

Advertisements

The bird was found on Saturday by a member of the public in Alex Headland, on the Sunshine Coast

& # 39; What a low-life scum would do this, & # 39; read the post.

& # 39; Someone must be held responsible for this barbaric act. & # 39;

Wildlife Rescue Sunshine Coast founder Claire Smith told Sunshine Coast Daily the nature of the bird's injuries relieved the possibility that it was electrocuted by a high-voltage line.

"The areas of burning on the bird, the tails and wings are consistent with fire, not electrocution," said Smith.

Wildlife Rescue Sunshine Coast founder Claire Smith told Sunshine Coast Daily that the nature of the bird's injuries eliminated the possibility that it had been electrocuted by a power line

Wildlife Rescue Sunshine Coast founder Claire Smith told Sunshine Coast Daily that the nature of the bird's injuries eliminated the possibility that it had been electrocuted by a power line

Wildlife Rescue Sunshine Coast founder Claire Smith told Sunshine Coast Daily that the nature of the bird's injuries eliminated the possibility that it had been electrocuted by a power line

Advertisements

& # 39; A bird that hits 40,000 volts would not have survived. We see this regularly with flying foxes and pouches. & # 39;

The Queensland RSPCA said they had not received a report about the cruel act.

Daily Mail Australia has contacted RSPCA Queensland for comments.

The magpie was taken to Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital for treatment.

Advertisements

. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail