WhatsNew2Day - Latest News And Breaking Headlines
Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Luis Suarez speaks out for the first time since being told he has no place in Ronald Koeman’s Barcelona

‘I will speak for myself when the time comes’: Luis Suarez breaks his silence after being told he has no place in Ronald Koeman’s Barcelona side and could join ailing star Lionel Messi at it this summer leaving Camp Nou.

  • Luis Suarez has been linked with moves to Inter Miami and former club Ajax
  • The Uruguayan was told by Ronald Koeman that he is free to leave Barcelona
  • The striker could be left home in Camp Nou by star Lionel Messi
  • But he posted on Instagram to say he will speak up when the time is right

Luis Suarez has spoken for the first time after the striker was told he was not part of new Barcelona boss Ronald Koeman’s plans.

The 33-year-old has been linked with moves to MLS side Inter Miami and former club Ajax since he and three other stars got the news from the Dutchman earlier this week that they are no longer needed.

But by posting on Instagram, Suarez has come out publicly for the first time since the news, saying he will speak up about his situation when the time is right.

Luis Suarez has spoken for the first time after being told he was not needed at Barcelona

Luis Suarez has spoken for the first time after being told he was not needed at Barcelona

“There are people who use my name and say things about me, people I’ve had nothing to do with in years,” Suarez wrote.

‘I’ll speak for myself when that time comes,’ he added, with the post accompanied by the hashtag #notodoesverdad [#NotEverythingIsTrue.]

Koeman wants to do a major summer overhaul following the humiliating Champions League exit to Bayern Munich earlier this month, telling Suarez in clear terms that he was free to leave.

However, the Uruguayan international could be joined by the exit at Barcelona by Lionel Messi, who is pushing for a free move.

The 33-year-old Uruguayan could leave fellow Barcelona star Lionel Messi

The 33-year-old Uruguayan could leave fellow Barcelona star Lionel Messi

The 33-year-old Uruguayan could leave fellow Barcelona star Lionel Messi

The duo were seen on Wednesday night for the first time since the Argentinian had filed a transfer request by fax with the Catalan giants leaving a restaurant together.

Footage from El Chiringuito released Thursday morning shows Messi leaving a restaurant in a black vehicle, while Suarez follows him in a separate vehicle.

Suarez – Barcelona’s third-highest goalscorer of all time – and Messi have been close friends since the Liverpool forward moved in 2014.

But the Uruguayan’s agent, Alejandro Balbi, says the Argentinian’s next destination will determine whether Suarez will stay at the Nou Camp for the 2020-2021 season.

They were left a restaurant together for the first time since Messi's transfer request

They were left a restaurant together for the first time since Messi's transfer request

They were left a restaurant together for the first time since Messi’s transfer request

“Messi’s future will impact because they are best friends,” Balbi told TyC Sports via Goal.

“There is much brotherly love between them; they are inseparable, always together. ‘

While in Barcelona together, Messi and Suarez have won the Champions League, LaLiga and the Copa del Rey.

Suarez is Barcelona's third highest goalscorer of all time and has been linked with Inter Miami

Suarez is Barcelona's third highest goalscorer of all time and has been linked with Inter Miami

Suarez is Barcelona’s third highest goalscorer of all time and has been linked with Inter Miami

However, the club is currently in an uproar after Bayern’s 8-2 hammer in the Champions League quarter finals and Messi is now looking to leave after nearly two decades with the club.

The 33-year-old Argentinian has drawn interest from front-runners Manchester City, PSG and Inter Milan, and believes a clause in his contract allowing him to run for nothing is still valid as the season ended in August rather than May due to the pandemic of the coronavirus.

Barcelona says the deadline for Messi to leave for free passed in June and will dispute the player’s argument that the deadline changed when the season was rescheduled after it closed.

Advertisement


.