Louis CK announces nationwide comedy tour… four years after sexual harassment scandal

Louis CK Announces Country Comedy Tour… Four Years After His Sexual Harassment Scandal

Louis CK announced a nationwide comedy tour, kicking off four years after his sexual harassment scandal.

In 2017, the strip confirmed allegations that he masturbated to several women without their consent.

The backlash from the scandal led to several of his projects being taken out of production.

The latest: Louis CK announced a nationwide comedy tour, kicking off four years after his sexual harassment scandal. In 2017, the comic confirmed allegations that he masturbated to several women without their consent

On Wednesday, Louis announced his nationwide comedy tour via email, according to the New York Post.

The outlet reported that the email read: “Hi person you are now, I am writing to you today because I will be touring the United States of America and performing stand-up comedy in theaters in various cities. ‘

The tour kicks off at New York City’s Hulu Theater in Madison Square Garden in August.

The five-month tour stops in 24 cities, including Albany, San Diego, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Portland, Chicago and also Boston, per outlet.

Disgraced: The response to the scandal led to several of his projects being taken out of production;  seen on December 8, 2015

Disgraced: The response to the scandal led to several of his projects being taken out of production; seen on December 8, 2015

He will also make a series of stops in Europe.

The email said he will comply with COVID-19 protocol at every stop, signing it off with, “I’m really looking forward to seeing your faces as I tell some rather rude jokes and stories.”

In November 2017, Louis CK took center stage in a New York Times article in which five women alleged sexual harassment against him, most of whom said he masturbated for them in non-consensual and often bizarre circumstances.

The next day, the disgraced comedian released a statement about the allegations, confirming that the published stories were true and apologizing for the damage he caused.

He said in the statement: “These stories are true. At the time, I told myself that what I was doing was okay, because I would never show a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true.”

Add: ‘But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another, there’s no question asking them to look at your dick. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I exercised that power irresponsibly.’

His projects were withdrawn and fellow comedians cut ties with him following the allegations.

In 2018, he found himself in scandal again after making deaf jokes about the Parkland, Florida shooting while performing at a comedy club.

Last year, he raised eyebrows when he released an $8 comedy special from his self-titled website, saying in a statement that it’s for “those who need to laugh” in these times.

Scandal: His projects were withdrawn and fellow comedians cut ties with him following the allegations;  seen on June 26, 2012 in Hollywood

Scandal: His projects were withdrawn and fellow comedians cut ties with him following the allegations; seen on June 26, 2012 in Hollywood

Advertisement

.