Loudoun County judges REMOVES liberal DA from burglary case
Loudoun County judge REMOVES Liberal DA’s office from burglary case after prosecutor offered six-month plea deal to thief and downplayed his previous criminal past
- Loudon County Circuit Court Judge James Plowman has removed the county’s awakened district attorney’s office from prosecuting a case
- He wrote in his decision that the county’s Commonwealth Attorney’s office should be removed after a lawyer “misled the court and the public”
- He argued that Michele Burton – a prosecutor in the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office – downplayed Kevin Enrique Valle’s criminal history
- She then reportedly offered him a six-month plea for his three felony charges and two burglary charges.
- The state’s Republican Attorney General is now reportedly preparing to prosecute
A Virginia judge has removed the awakened Loudon County district attorney from a burglary case after a prosecutor downplayed the criminal history of an alleged burglar.
Loudon County Circuit Court Judge James Plowman ruled that the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office should be removed from a serial burglary case for “deliberately misleading the court and the public.” Fox news reported on Wednesday.
“The Commonwealth is deliberately misleading the Court and the public in an attempt to ‘sell’ the plea deal for some reason yet to be explained,” Plowman wrote in his decision to leave the office — headed by Democrat Buta Biberaj — from the prosecution of the case against Kevin Enrique Valle.
Valle is charged with “possibly 12 burglaries in four counties in 10 days” and is charged with three felonies for destruction of property and false identification, as well as two felony burglaries.
But Plowman said Michele Burton — a prosecutor for the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office — offered Valle a six-month plea deal by downplaying his past criminal past and disregarding other burglary charges filed against him.
He claims that the plea deal erroneously stated that last year’s crimes all took place within hours, rather than 10 days.
The state’s Republican Attorney General is now gearing up to intervene to prosecute the case, FOX News reports.
Loudon County Circuit Court Judge James Plowman removed the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office, headed by Democrat Buta Biberaj, right, from a burglary case
Plowman argued that an attorney from the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office downplayed Kevin Enrique Valle’s criminal history to offer him a plea deal in a serial burglary case