It was a stellar overnight transaction on Wall Street, despite boards feeling undermined by geopolitics.
Meanwhile, in Australia, Qantas is holding its annual general meeting this morning, just days after the airline defended itself against allegations of “ghost flying”.
Follow the day’s proceedings live with the ABC’s team of specialist economic journalists.
Disclaimer: This blog is not intended to provide investment advice.
Where we sit at 7:45am AEST
- ASX 200: +2.1% to 6,989 points
- Australian dollar: +0.5% to 64.23 US cents
- Dow Jones: +1.7% to 33,839 points
- S&P 500: +1.9% to 4,318 points
- Nasdaq: +1.8% to 13,294 points
- FTSE: +1.4% to 7,447 points
- EuroStoxx: +1.6% to 443 points
- Spot gold: +0.3% to US$1,993/ounce
- Brent crude: +2.6% to US$86.81/barrel
- Iron ore: +2.6 to US$120.90/tonne
- Bitcoin: +0.8% to US$34,873
- US 10-year bond: 7bps at 4.66%