Australia’s stock market set to fall at open after recent Wall Street rally ends, while Optus boss Kelly Bayer Rosmarin faces questioning over last week’s breakdown in investigation of the Senate in Canberra.
Follow the financial news of the day and insights from our specialized economic journalists on our live blog.
Disclaimer: This blog is not intended to provide investment advice.
How the market should open today
- ASX 200 futures: -0.78% at 7,077 points
- Australian dollar: stable at 64.70 US cents
- Wall Street: Dow Jones -0.3% S&P 500 stable Nasdaq -0.1%
- Europe: DAX +0.2% FTSE -1% STOXX600 -0.7%
- Spot gold: +1% to US$1,9688 per ounce
- Brent crude: -4.5% to US$77.57/barrel
- Iron ore: +0.5% to US$130.70 per tonne
- Bitcoin: -4.2% to US$36,002