Kubrat Pulev will NOT receive a reward for stepping aside and allowing Anthony Joshua to face Tyson Fury
‘I wouldn’t accept’: Kubrat Pulev insists he will NOT take a payoff to step aside and allow Anthony Joshua to face Tyson Fury … hoping for a mega-money unification this year to undermine
- Kubrat Pulev is the mandatory challenger for Anthony Joshua’s IBF title
- He previously pushed money aside instead of hiring Joshua
- But he now insists that Joshua will have to meet him instead of taking on Tyson Fury
- Initial discussions have been held about a possible fight between Joshua and Fury
Mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev has insisted that he not step aside and allow Anthony Joshua to take part in a heavyweight title association fight against Tyson Fury.
Talks about a potentially massive fight between Joshua and Fury started between the two camps earlier this month, with reports suggesting that The Gypsy King’s camp discussed the idea.
His management team, MTK Global, is said to have discussed the idea of a mega-money fight in the Middle East in December.
Kubrat Pulev has insisted that he not step aside and let Anthony Joshua face Tyson Fury
Talks are said to have taken place between Joshua and Fury camps earlier this month
While Saudi Arabia would be the forerunner in organizing the all-British clash, there have also been suggestions that it could take place elsewhere in the region.
But both Fury and Joshua should fulfill their contractual obligations to face Deontay Wilder and Pulev, respectively.
Both would have the finances to do this based on what the biggest scholarships of their career should be if they meet in the Middle East.
But IBF title mandatory challenger Pulev, who accepted a similar deal when Joshua fought Andy Ruiz Jr, is unwilling to do the same thing again for the all-British encounter.
The unification match may have taken place in the Middle East later this year
“I wouldn’t accept it,” the Bulgarian insisted, like the to express, when he was pressured about the possible step-by-step offer.
“I did it once when I didn’t have to do it for him to play his second game against Ruiz Jr. to have.
“Everything was against IBF rules, but I made a compromise.”
Pulev aims to get the chance to grab Joshua’s titles at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on July 25.
They were originally supposed to meet in October 2017, before several delays and other clashes, moving the fight to June 20 – before the coronavirus outbreak put it off.
But Pulev insists that Joshua will have to see him in the ring rather than face Fury
The Cobra now believes Joshua is afraid to take him on. He said, “I see how people fear me and try to meet someone else for me. A real world champion shouldn’t act like that.
Even Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield come back to the game to show they are real warriors, not like him.
“A year has passed and they always have a reason to postpone, not to fight me.”
“There are two options,” he added. “You fight or leave the title.”