KRATOM FOR SLEEP – IS IT GOOD OR BAD?
Sleeping problems are common among different age groups. According to research, about 40% of the American population does not get the recommended 8 hours of sleep per night. Even though this problem can be linked to several mental health disorders, daily routines and tight schedules may also contribute to sleep deprivation.
Some people prefer to seek medical help, especially when the condition is severe and critical. Other’s try out natural regimens that have calming and relaxing effects, promoting sleep. A perfect alternative in this category is Kratom; a psychotropic compound believed to enhance the mind’s relaxation.
What is Kratom?
Kratom is a south-east Asia evergreen tree (Mitragyna speciosa) containing the stimulant mitragynine with psychotropic effects on the human mind. It is also called Biak or Thom. Kratom has two compounds in its leaves, namely, mitragynine and hydroxy mitragynine. The two compounds have effects similar to those of opioids and stimulants. They can be sedative, bring pleasure, and provide pain relief by interacting with opioid receptors in the brain.
There are a variety of ways through which one can take Kratom to help with their sleeping disorders. Some people prefer white horn kratom capsules, pills, while others prefer brewing it into their tea or coffee. If you are struggling with sleep, use either of the forms to induce sleep.
Which Are the Best Kratom Strains for sleep?
There are several strains of Kratom. The White Kratom, Green Kratom, and Red Kratom are a few of them. Knowing how each of these strains can interact with your body may help you find a perfect solution to your sleeping problems.
- White Kratom – This strain can promote energy levels and can be counterproductive when fighting sleeping problems. Even more, this strain may increase your anxiety, have stimulating effects, and even keep you alert. Therefore, you should avoid it when battling insomnia.
- Green Kratom – The green variety may not help you much with sleep disorders. However, its effects are mildly more stimulating than the white Kratom.
- Red Kratom – This strain is much stronger than the other two. A lower dose of Red Kratom has chilling and calming effects, thus relieving your pain, reducing anxiety, and helping you have a night of good sleep. A higher dose can be sedative and hence may counteract the ability to help you sleep.
Proper Kratom dosage for sleep
Like any other drug, quantitative intake of kratom has a reciprocal effect. You take too much, and your body reacts negatively. For instance, large amounts of mitragynine interact with other receptor systems in the brain to produce stimulant effects. So, instead of falling asleep, you get to feel as though you have a sugar rush.
However, kratom has proven to be an excellent pain killer and an eraser for anxiety when taken in small amounts, which helps you sleep better. Kratom, like a sleeping drug, has its share of advantages and disadvantages.
What are the benefits of taking Kratom for sleep?
1. Kratom has sedative properties.
When taken in small doses, it will make one fall asleep calmly. However, in large quantities, you fall asleep quickly like a knockout drug.
2. Kratom may help relieve stress and anxiety.
To have quality sleep, one needs peace of mind. Thus when one has stress and anxiety, it will be difficult to sleep. Kratom is helpful in such a situation.
3. Kratom may act as a painkiller.
Physical pain is one of the main reasons people get poor quality sleep. However, kratom also works as a pain reliever in the right doses. Therefore, you can go to sleep and not just lie down, but have some quality sleep.
4. Kratom may help with Sleep control.
When you take Kratom in lighter doses, about 2-3 grams, one will have prolonged light sleep. 5-6 grams of Kratom may extend hours of quality sleep.
What to consider when taking Kratom?
At the right doses, kratom could work wonders for you. Below are ways on how you ensure that you are using kratom appropriately to satisfy your sleep issues;
- Select the ideal strain – Finding the perfect Kratom strain is essential if you want to reap the herb’s higher benefits. Therefore, to achieve your desired effect, kindly select the red vein kratom for adequate and best results.
- Dosage – This is a tricky but essential part of using kratom. And you cannot use a referred prescription; you need to find someone well-versed with kratom’s working to find the dose for you.
- Method of consumption – Consumption preferences lay with the person as everyone has their tastes. Many who prefer preparing it in tea always remember that a kratom is potentially herbal thus needs no other medical prescriptions.
Sleep-related conditions can seem ordinary, but some may have dire effects, both physically and mentally. Therefore, you should avoid them at all costs. You might experience sleepless nights once in a while, but you should give kratom a chance if you are developing insomnia. In response to the question at hand, kratom works well for people with sleeping problems, but this only works when you adhere to the right dose.