WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Kmart horror after four years of age is almost BLINDED by a popular $ 3 item

Kmart horror after four years of age is almost BLINDED after being caught in the eye with a popular $ 3 item

  • Aimee Crowther’s son accidentally stuck himself in the eye with a metal straw
  • The four-year-old had no pain and it seemed to be a cracked blood vessel
  • Later that day, Crowther’s husband, Norton, said their son’s eye was getting worse
  • They took him to the optometrist who sent them to Queensland Children’s Hospital
  • Knoxx had to undergo surgery and was booked the following day at 8.00 a.m.
  • The operation was a success and there is a chance that Knoxx has scars

A four-year-old was almost blinded in his right eye after he accidentally stabbed himself with a metal straw.

Aimee Crowther and her husband Norton are lounging around while they watched Netflix while their children, Knoxx, four and Malia, were playing one in the toy room.

The Queensland couple suddenly heard crying, but didn’t think much about it because their little ones ‘often argue’.

It was until Knoxx came crying into the room and told his mother that he had poked himself in the eyes with a metal straw from Kmart.

Knoxx (photo) told his mother that he had poked himself in the eyes with a metal straw from Kmart

Knoxx (photo) told his mother that he had poked himself in the eyes with a metal straw from Kmart

“He came to the living room to tell me that he had stung himself,” the 26-year-old mother told Daily Mail Australia.

“I looked and saw that it was all red, looked like a cracked blood vessel.

Pictured: metal straws sold at Kmart

Pictured: metal straws sold at Kmart

Pictured: metal straws sold at Kmart

“I asked him what happened and then he told me he was looking at himself through the straw.”

Mrs. Crowther didn’t think much about it because Knoxx wasn’t in pain and didn’t complain.

The family continued around their day when Mr. Crowther pulled his wife aside and said their son’s eye had got worse.

“I looked and it had continued to” bleed “and had gone more to the pupil of his eye. I didn’t really know what to do, “she said.

She frantically called the optometrist who told her to bring Knoxx in immediately to take a look.

“The optometrist said he could see that there had been eye damage, but it wasn’t really his field and would suggest that we go to Queensland Children’s Hospital.”

She frantically called the optometrist who said that she had to call in Knoxx immediately to take a look (Photo: Knoxx at the optometrist)

She frantically called the optometrist who said that she had to call in Knoxx immediately to take a look (Photo: Knoxx at the optometrist)

She frantically called the optometrist who said that she had to call in Knoxx immediately to take a look (Photo: Knoxx at the optometrist)

When they hurried to the hospital, an ophthalmologist said there were two cuts in his eye because of bleeding and bruising and needed surgery,

“I was a mess when they told us they needed surgery. I could not bear the thought that he would go under general anesthesia, “Crowther told Daily Mail Australia.

“The following day we were booked for an operation of 8 o’clock in the morning. It was pretty awful to see how he was placed under General and the nurse had to let me walk because I was crying that way.

“But the operation went very well. It wasn’t as deep as they thought what was right. “

Knoxx was happy to go home later that day after the anesthesia was worn out and would receive eye drops four times a day for two weeks.

Knoxx (photo) was booked the following day for an operation that was successful

Knoxx (photo) was booked the following day for an operation that was successful

Knoxx (photo) was booked the following day for an operation that was successful

On Thursday, Knoxx received a follow-up after the operation and was told that the healing was going well and that the blood was almost gone.

“There is a chance that he will have some scars, but it has not affected his vision at all,” Crowther said.

“He’s a brave little fellow.”

The family has since thrown away the metal straws and will stick to silicones to prevent future disasters.

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Kmart for comments.

.

Comments
Loading...