Khashoggi tapes shared with foreign countries

Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Saturday that he made recordings of the death of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi with Great Britain, France, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United States.

There was no immediate confirmation from the five countries that they had received the recordings.

The Turkish Foreign Minister, Mevlut Cavusoglu, said earlier this week that his government has more information about the murder and that it will probably make public evidence after the investigation into his death has been completed.

During a trip to Japan, Cavusoglu told reporters that Turkey has said that Saudi Arabia and other countries interested in the information have been given the opportunity to see it.

Khashoggi was assassinated on October 2 at the consulate of Saudi Arabia in Istanbul.

Initially Saudi Arabia said that Khashoggi left the consulate and that his whereabouts were unknown, that he died in a fistfight and even later that he had died in a chokehold. The prosecutor of the kingdom has since preached the murder since then, but did not say who planned or approved the plan.

Candles, lit by activists, who protested against the murder of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, are seen outside the consulate of Saudi Arabia, in Istanbul, Turkey, during a candlelight vigil, October 25, 2018.

Cavusoglu said Tuesday that after several conversations with Saudi King Salman, President Erdogan was convinced that the king was not involved.

Cavusoglu said, however, that it is clear that a team of fifteen people who would have traveled to Turkey to act as a hit group would not have acted on their own and that researchers should know who gave that assignment.

Turkey said last week that Khashoggi, a US-based journalist who had written columns for The Washington Post who were critical of the Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman, was strangled as soon as he entered the consulate, dismembered his body and then destroyed it, possibly dissolved in acid.

No trace of Khashoggi's remains has appeared, even when the 59-year-old journalist's sons called on the CNN of the American television news on Sunday to return the Saudis to his body so that he was buried can be in the large Muslim pilgrimage town of Medina with the rest of his family.

A Turkish official, who spoke anonymously, confirmed a report from Monday Sabah, a newspaper near the Turkish government that chemical expert Ahmad Abdulaziz al-Janobi and toxicology expert Khaled Yahya al-Zahrani were part of a team from Saudi Arabia that allegedly investigated the death of Khashoggi on 2 October.

The Sabah The report said that the two experts visited the consulate every day from their arrival on October 11 to October 17, with Saudi authorities allowing Turkish researchers to search the consulate on October 15.

.