Katie Price has pulled out of a scheduled appearance on an LGBT show set to take place Friday night after she was attacked at her home earlier this week.
The police were called to the home of the TV personality around 1.30 am on Monday, where a man was arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour.
The mother of five has since strengthened security at her home – where she does not currently reside.
Exclusive: Katie Price has pulled out of a scheduled appearance on an LGBT show after an attack at her home amid claims she’s ‘struggling to sleep’
A spokesperson told MailOnline: ‘Unfortunately, Katie will not be attending the event tonight, despite her best intentions’
The model is struggling to cope with the attack, with a source telling MailOnline: “Katie is in a terrible condition and is having trouble sleeping.
“Her friends are doing their best to gather.”
After the attack, a man, 32, was released on bail after being arrested for assault and coercion over the attack.
Despite the support of her loved ones, Katie still feels “unsafe” and has strengthened security in her home after her attack.
All change: Katie was due to attend her first public event to ‘show face’ Friday night and would hand out an award, but won’t be attending now
Gathering: Friends and family gather around Katie to give her strength to pursue a conviction (pictured are friends collecting items from the house where the attack took place)
It was previously reported that Katie “cannot face the prospect of a court appearance”, but a source close to the star said friends and family have gathered around her to ensure she has the strength to make a statement. pursue sentencing.
An insider told MailOnline on Thursday: “It is not true that she is dropping the case, but she is very scared and feels emotionally vulnerable.
“All her friends and family are behind her and will make sure she has the strength to carry on with the business, so she’s going full steam ahead.”
On Tuesday, the day after the attack, Katie was pictured with bruises on her face and told The Sun: “I’m still completely dazed. I’m devastated. I ran after being beaten – I ran to Harvey’s house nearby and now have damage to my feet, which I injured before.”
Katie said she was attacked while watching TV, forcing her to flee in panic to her oldest son’s house nearby.
She said the alleged attack was “unprovoked”, adding: “I was just sitting there watching the television when the attack happened.”
An Essex Police spokesman said on Tuesday: “A 32-year-old man arrested on charges of assault, theft and coercion and controlling conduct has been released on bail until September 20.”
Shocking: Katie is no longer on Instagram and has been subjected to vile abuse by online trolls following her sexual assault
Neighbors said they heard “a lot of yelling and screaming” the night the model was rushed to hospital.
A neighbor told MailOnline: ‘Something started kicking because I heard a lot of screaming and yelling. It certainly went off.
“It was antisocial and sounded like a bunch of assholes coming back from the pub. There was a real kerfuffle.
“Then I saw a car parked across the street for ages. About half an hour later I heard a lot of talking.
“I came down to see what was going on, but I don’t know what time it was because I didn’t have my phone with me. I didn’t see or hear any police. I haven’t seen any blue lights.’
Another said: ‘We heard an argument around 11 p.m. I heard nothing at 1:30 am when the police would have been called because I was asleep.
“I know Katie Price lived next door to us. I don’t think I had heard any major fights before last night.’
Family time: Katie last took to social media on Sunday when she shared a photo taken by her boyfriend Carl Woods of the couple posing with her youngest children Jett and Bunny
Meanwhile, Katie is no longer on Instagram and has been the victim of vile abuse by online trolls following her attack.
In recent days, Katie’s social media has been awash with horrific posts, including some claiming her attack must be a publicity stunt.
Katie last took to social media on Sunday when she shared a photo taken by her fiancé Carl Woods of the couple posing with her youngest children Jett, eight, and Bunny, seven.
The image was titled: ‘Family time’ with a heart.
Katie also revealed that the family had been staying at Carl’s house for some time when she shared a photo of Bunny rocking their dog, with the caption: “Excuse the mess we’re doing at Carl’s house, but how cute does Rabbit look? out with friend ❤️’ .
The family time came just before the couple used Instagram to hit back at trolls accusing Carl of using Katie for her money.
After Carl shared the family photo, one user commented, “Did you think you two broke up?” to which Carl replied, “Never believe what you read mate.”
As another user wrote at the time: ‘he only wants her muni if she is clearly broken, she has no muni’ [sic]Carl fired back, ‘Andy knows I’ve got enough doe. So don’t worry about me. Guys have known me for 20 years,” he added, “mate. This world full of mugs. You know me mate.’
Katie then jumped in to defend her partner, writing, ‘what are you talking about? @carljwoods pays and has his own money, you d**k’.
Earlier in the evening, the couple took to Instagram to hit back at trolls who accused Carl of using Katie for her money.
Katie and Carl began dating in June 2020 and announced their engagement in April, just six weeks after Katie’s divorce from her third husband Kieran Hayler was finalized.
The couple have also revealed their desire to have children together, with Katie admitting she is considering IVF to have her sixth child.
The former glamor model is mother to son Harvey, 18, with her footballer ex Dwight Yorke, and co-parents of her children Junior, 15, Princess, 13, with ex-husband Peter Andre.
The star shares Jett and Bunny with ex-husband Kieran.
Mother: The television personality is mother to Harvey, 18, Junior, 15, Princess, 13, Jett, seven, and Bunny, six, from three previous relationships (pictured with Carl last Christmas)