The Prince and Princess of Wales are due to visit the US in 10 days, and experts see the trip as an opportunity to improve the monarchy’s standing in the United States, according to royal publisher Roya Nikkhah.
writing on it sunday timeRoya described Oprah’s interview of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as “90 minutes of primetime royal annihilation” that left the monarchy’s reputation “tarnished”.
He adds that after the interview, a royal courtier said the firm “now has a problem with the United States.”
As a result, the trip for Kate and William, both 40, is considered of great importance in royal circles, according to the royal publisher, adding that it is seen as an opportunity for “the House of Windsor to return firmly to normalcy.” “. front foot across the pond’, and to ‘elevate the monarchy above entertainment news’.
The Prince and Princess of Wales (pictured during a visit to The Street in Scarborough earlier this month) are visiting the US, and the trip is seen as an opportunity to improve the monarchy’s standing in the United States Joined.
According to royal publisher Roya Nikkhah, the firm was left with ‘a US problem.’ after Oprah’s interview of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (pictured in Manchester in September).
The 90-minute interview (pictured) was described as “real prime-time annihilation” by royal editor Roya Nikkhah.
During the trip, the couple will undertake a series of engagements, showcasing topics including climate change, vulnerable youth and green technology.
The highlight of the visit will be the second Earthshot Prize ceremony, which will take place in Boston on December 2, before being broadcast on the BBC, Multichoice in Africa and PBS in the US two days later.
Days after the Wales attend the event in Boston, the Ripple of Hope award gala will take place in New York City on December 6, where the Sussexes will receive an award for their work on racial justice, mental health, and causes that have a positive impact. Social impact.
It’s unclear if Harry and Meghan have RSVPed, or if the two couples will meet while the Wales are in the United States.
The trip comes ahead of two major projects to be launched by Prince Harry, 38, and Meghan, 41. They include the couple’s Netflix documentary, which is expected to air in a few weeks.
The Sussexes are reported to have tried to push it back to 2023 despite being paid a rumored $100m (£88m) by the streaming giant for the fly-on-the-wall series.
The highlight of the Wales trip will be the Earthshot Prize in Boston on December 2 (William and Kate pictured at last year’s Earthshot Prize)
The Princess and Prince of Wales (pictured in Windsor on September 10, 2022 with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex) are due to visit the US later this month, but it’s not known if the two couples will reunite .
There have been conflicting reports in the US, Deadline insisting the show will be pushed back to the new year citing bosses being “unsettled” and “blinking first” due to backlash over season 5 of The Crown.
But Page Six reports that there will be no postponement and that “the show will go on” in December, citing a source close to the project. The source said: “As far as I know, the docu-series will go ahead later this year.”
The show has made waves on both sides of the Atlantic and is expected to cause a new stir for the Royal Family.
After the queen’s death, the Sussexes were said to want to “play down much of what they said about Charles III, Queen Consort Camilla and the Prince and Princess of Wales” in their documentary series, according to a previous report.
Meghan Markle even seemed to distance herself and Harry from her upcoming controversial Netflix documentary around a month after Her Majesty’s death. The Duchess of Sussex suggested that her direction is now in the hands of left-leaning filmmaker Liz Garbus “even if that means it may not be the way we would have told it.”
The controversial Harry and Meghan documentary series will premiere on Netflix this year, sources insisted. (Pictured: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex hug athlete Lisa Johnston at the Invictus Games athletics events in the Netherlands in April)
She said in a magazine interview: “It’s nice to be able to trust someone with our story, an experienced director whose work I’ve admired for a long time, even if it means it may not be the way we would have told it.” But that’s not why we’re counting it. We are entrusting our story to someone else, and that means it will go through their lens.
‘It’s interesting. My husband has never worked in this industry before. For me, having worked on Suits, it’s amazing to be surrounded by so much creative energy and to see how people work together and share their own points of view. It’s been a lot of fun.
Director Liz Garbus has been involved with a number of other film and television projects about oppressed women, most notably Girlhood, which follows two female inmates, victims of horrific violence and tragedy, serving time in a juvenile detention center. .
He has also had control of a documentary on the life and legend of singer, pianist, and civil rights activist Nina Simone, as well as a film called Shouting Fire: Stories from the Edge of Free Speech.
Harry also has his memories, called ‘Spare’, on the way. Royal experts claim that these two explosive projects have prevented any reconciliation with King Charles or Prince William.
Harry and Meghan had been working on the series as part of their alleged $100 million deal with the streaming giant. But there has been back and forth about when it will be released.
Spare will be published by Penguin Random House on January 10, more than four months after Her Majesty’s death on September 8.
Publishers Penguin Random House say Harry’s book is written with “raw, unflinching honesty” and is expected to contain explosive new material addressing Harry’s childhood and his breakup with “The Firm” after meeting Meghan.
Supposedly, Harry won’t shy away from sensitive topics, like his family’s decision to encourage him and his brother to walk behind their mother Diana’s coffin while thousands of members of the public looked on.
The Daily Mail has been told that the duke, who personally recorded the audiobook version, did not tell his family about the title beforehand and that it will be seen as “controversial” and “provocative” in royal circles.
“That title is loaded and it doesn’t bode well,” a source said.
The prince’s book (left), titled Spare, will be published by Penguin Random House on January 10, more than four months after Her Majesty’s death on September 8.
It could also reveal which member of the monarchy he says made a racist comment about the possible skin color of his unborn son Archie, or shed light on his strained relationship with his father and difficult times with William.
It has also been claimed that Prince Harry had to submit his book more than once before it was accepted by publishers, raising fears that he was “hot” with revelations about the Royal Family.
The royals are said to be preparing for the publication of the 416-page title. Biographer Tom Bower warned that the reception of the memoirs will be decisive for the Sussexes.
“Put it this way, it won’t be a relaxing family Christmas,” a source told the Mail on Sunday.
Lawyers for the royal family are said to be awaiting Prince Harr’s memoir, fearing he will be “critical of everyone and everything”.