Kamala Harris is criticized for having released the desegregation comments during the Democratic debates by selling $ 30 & # 39; That little girl was me & # 39; T-shirts on her website
- Harris has come under fire by selling the t-shirt on the back of her remarks to Joe Biden during the Thursday night debate
- The t-shirt shows a photo of Harris as a child and is called & # 39; That little girl was me & # 39;
- The t-shirt appeared on her campaign website on Friday
- Harris said the sentence when she said she was & # 39; part of the second grade to integrate her public schools and that she was taken to school every day & # 39;
- She has also attacked the work of former Vice President Joe Biden with Democratic segregationist senators on non-racial issues, while being & # 39; painful & # 39; were mentioned
- Selling the shirts led to a mixed response to social media, with some accusing Harris of taking advantage of her comments
- Others responded more enthusiastically and said they couldn't wait to buy one
At one of the most explosive moments of the democratic debate in Miami on Thursday evening, Harris attacked the work of former vice president Joe Biden with democratic segregationist senators on non-race issues, calling them & # 39; painful & # 39 ;.
She also beat Biden, 76, for his past opposition to student busing to segregated schools in the 1970s, arguing that it was a question of government rights.
Kamala Harris has been criticized for offering & # 39; That little girl was me & # 39; T-shirt online for $ 30 (t-shirt image above)
The t-shirt sells for $ 30 on the Harris campaign website and is available in various sizes
Selling the shirts led to a mixed reaction, with some accusing Harris of taking advantage of her comments
Others gave a more enthusiastic answer. & # 39; I can't wait to receive mine by mail. & # 39; said Thomasj
Harris explained how she was one of the black kids in California who needed to be taken to school.
& # 39; There was a little girl in California who was in second grade to integrate her public schools, and she was on her way to school every day, and that little girl was me, & she said.
Biden said Harris was & # 39; critical was & # 39; a complete mischaracterization of my record. & # 39;
& # 39; I ran because of civil rights & # 39 ;, he added.
After the debate, Harris tweeted a picture of himself as a child and quoted one of the striking moments in the debate.
& # 39; There was a little girl in California who was in second grade to integrate her public schools, and she was taken to school every day, and that little girl was me, & she said.
& # 39; There was a little girl in California who went to school. I was that little girl. #DemDebate, & # 39; said the tweet.
The same photo of Harris as a young girl with the inscription on a T-shirt was put up for sale on its website on Friday night for $ 30.
Harris's campaign URL is printed on the back of the t-shirt.
Selling the shirts led to a mixed reaction, with some accusing Harris of taking advantage of her comments.
A commentator said on Instagram. & # 39; Kamala you should have waited at least a few days lol. WAY too early. It makes your sentiment seem orchestrated. Come on Harris team! & # 39;
After the debate Harris tweeted a picture of himself as a child and quoted one of the striking moments in the debate
& # 39; She must get a grip, who wants to listen to that for four years. She, too, had planned that the very little girl was bull to me, she had already printed t-shirts that were ready to sell for $ 30. The whole thing was planned, & said a Twitter user.
Others were more enthusiastic. & # 39; I can't wait to receive mine by mail. & # 39;
& # 39; Super smart merch, & # 39; another commentator said.
The website states that the purchase of the t-shirt is a gift for Kamala Harris For The People.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) joe-biden (t) kamala-Harris