BREAKING: Justin Trudeau’s wife is tested for coronavirus after returning from the UK with ‘flu-like symptoms’ – prompting Canadian Prime Minister to isolate herself and work from home
- Sophie Grégoire Trudeau started experiencing flu-like symptoms on Thursday
- She has undergone a test for COVID-19 and is currently self-insulating pending results
- Her husband, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, is also self-insulated and works from home
- More than 100 Canadians have tested positive for the killer virus
- Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s wife has been tested for coronavirus.
According to a statement released Thursday morning, 44-year-old Sophie Grégoire Trudeau recently returned from the United Kingdom and started Wednesday night with mild flu-like symptoms, including low fever.
Ms. Trudeau is currently isolating herself at the Prime Minister’s residence in Ottawa and is waiting for her test results to return. Her symptoms have reportedly disappeared.
Prime Minister Trudeau himself does not show any symptoms of the virus, but also isolates himself and spends the day ‘at home out of caution’ from home.
A personal First Ministers Meeting, scheduled for Thursday, has been postponed.
Prime Minister Trudeau will instead make all-day phone calls and “virtual meetings.”
116 people in Canada tested positive for coronavirus.
Justin and Sophie Trudeau have been married since 2005 and have three children.
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau has been tested for coronavirus. She was pictured last October with her husband, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Justin and Sophie Trudeau have been married since 2005 and have three children