Woman, 21, dropped off at ER by Redskins player Montae Nicholson, 24, died of an overdose of fentanyl and her death is decided “accidentally”, reveals autopsy while investigators try to determine the source of drugs that killed her
- Julia Crabbe, 21, died of an accidental fentanyl overdose confirming her autopsy
- She was last seen with Washington Redskins security Montae Nicholson who, along with other men, delivered her to the emergency room in November
- She did not respond and was declared dead shortly after arrival
- Police said the way of death was accidental and investigators are trying to find the source of the drug that killed her
- She had been to Nicholson’s house where the police discovered pills, marijuana, and film residue
The 21-year-old woman who died after NFL star Montae Nicholson dropped her off at first aid, died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl, was revealed.
On November 14, around 1:30 AM, Julia Crabbe, from Reston, Virginia, was driven to the Inova Emergency Room-Ashburn Health Plex by Washington Redskins, Nicholson, 24, and a friend.
She was “unconscious and did not respond” and was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
The cause of her death has finally been revealed as an overdose of fentanyl, according to the medical autopsy examination that was released Monday.
“The way of death is an accident and the cause of death is fentanyl intoxication,” said the medical researcher.
Julia Crabbe, 21, died of an accidental fentanyl overdose confirming her autopsy. She was last seen with Washington Redskins security Montae Nicholson (right) who, along with other men, turned her in for first aid on November 14
“The way of death is an accident and the cause of death is fentanyl intoxication,” the medical researcher said Monday. She had hung around with Nicholson and others before her sudden death
The Sheriff’s Office of the Loudoun County said Monday that the investigation into Crabbe’s death is still ongoing and detectives are trying to find the source of the drug that killed her, according to Washington Post.
Nicholson pictured above in a mugshot last year when he was arrested and accused of mistreatment and battery and publicly drunk in connection with an argument
Before Crabbe’s sudden death, she was at Nicholson’s house in Ashburn.
Researchers later found pills, marijuana, film residue, an iPhone and a notebook of other items when they searched his house after Crabbe’s death.
Nicholson was not formally charged in her death.
His lawyer Mark Dycio said that Crabbe, Nicholson and some friends had gone out to dinner earlier that evening before returning to Nicholson’s house.
Nicholson told Crabbe’s brother that some people were playing video games in the lower level of his house when Crabbe went upstairs to use the bathroom, Crabbe’s family said.
People in the house then heard a thump and ran upstairs, where they found Crabbe on the bathroom floor. They had to open the bathroom door to get her.
Montae Nicholson # 35 of the Washington Redskins pictured reacting after a missed field goal by the Dallas Cowboys in 2018
A search warrant filed in the Loudoun County Circuit Court said Nicholson’s friend, Kyle Askew-Collins, called an unnamed person during the early morning hours of November 15 to say that Crabbe was foaming at the mouth and was supposed to be an overdose.
That nameless man was on his way to Nicholson’s house to help Crabbe when a friend called to say they were taking Crabbe to a hospital.
The local sheriff’s office told reporters that no 911 had been placed.
He denied any connection between Nicholson and the drugs.
“Montae would have no knowledge of the drugs because they were from a guest,” Dycio said. “It’s a tragic story. It is a tragedy that the news is focused on where she died instead of the drug epidemic that is destroying the country. ”