WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Jubelin claims that the boss told him “no one cares about that child” because of William Tyrell

“Nobody cares about that child”: explosive claims from the murder squad boss about missing boy William Tyrrell – as a detective says he was told “to take him from our books”

  • Gary Jubelin claims Detective Superintendent Scott Cook told him to close the case
  • Head of the NSW murder stopped at Jubelin’s desk and commented, he claims
  • Claims made on Jubelin’s trial on charges he witnessed without warrant
  • He also claimed that he had been warned that the case was ‘all the place’ when he started

The former chief investigator into the disappearance of William Tyrrell claims that the head of the murder command of the NSW police told him “no one cares about that child” and “get him out of the books.”

The explosive claims were made during the former murder case of investigator Gary Jubelin in Sydney, where he is charged with illegally recording conversations.

Jubelin told the Downing Center Local Court on Wednesday that Detective Inspector Scott Cook made comments a few years ago.

He claims that Det Supt Cook stopped at his desk and pointed to a photo of William and said, “get him out of the books, take him to unsolved murder.”

William Tyrrell (photo), 3, disappeared in September 2014 from a house in Kendall, NSW

William Tyrrell (photo), 3, disappeared in September 2014 from a house in Kendall, NSW

Gary Jubelin, 57, pleaded not guilty of illegally recording four conversations with Mr. Savage year about the investigation into the disappearance of the three-year-old

Gary Jubelin, 57, pleaded not guilty of illegally recording four conversations with Mr. Savage year about the investigation into the disappearance of the three-year-old

Gary Jubelin, 57, pleaded not guilty of illegally recording four conversations with Mr. Savage year about the investigation into the disappearance of the three-year-old

Police lawyers told the court that Det Supt Cook “categorically denies that he said those words.”

Jubelin also claimed that Deputy Commissioner Dave Hudson also said to him: “Don’t worry, you will not be charged, there is no public interest in being charged.”

Jubelin is accused of having illegally recorded conversations he had with elder Kendall resident Paul Savage, whom the Crown claims are not covered by supervision orders.

Paul Savage (pictured outside the investigation in 2019) lived across the street from William and was one of hundreds of interesting people

Paul Savage (pictured outside the investigation in 2019) lived across the street from William and was one of hundreds of interesting people

Paul Savage (pictured outside the investigation in 2019) lived across the street from William and was one of hundreds of interesting people

Jubelin told the Downing Center Local Court that Detective Inspector Scott Cook made comments a few years ago. Det Supt Cook 'categorically denies having said those words'

Jubelin told the Downing Center Local Court that Detective Inspector Scott Cook made comments a few years ago. Det Supt Cook 'categorically denies having said those words'

Jubelin told Downing Center Local Court that Detective Inspector Scott Cook made comments a few years ago. Det Supt Cook ‘categorically denies that he said those words’

Other claims in court include that he was warned by the then murder commander investigator inspector Mick Willing that the investigation into the disappearance of the three-year-old was “everywhere” when he took it.

“I heard words with the effect of” Jubes, I want you to solve this when you take over, it’s everywhere, the investigation, “he said.

The 57-year-old also told the court that the Tyrrell investigation was one of the most difficult of which he worked on the murder command in almost three decades.

The challenges included a lack of forensic evidence and direct eye witnesses in combination with limited human resources and unreliable recording equipment.

Jubelin supervised the search for the disappearance of William 2014 in Kendall on the middle-north coast of NSW

Jubelin supervised the search for the disappearance of William 2014 in Kendall on the middle-north coast of NSW

Jubelin supervised the search for the disappearance of William 2014 in Kendall on the middle-north coast of NSW

Jubelin – who stepped out of the fight in 2019 – said that the court’s faltering surveillance equipment was a cause of great frustration for himself and the team.

“I’ve literally seen people get away with murder because of equipment failure,” he said.

Jubelin supervised the search for the disappearance of William 2014 in Kendall on the middle north coast of NSW.

He disputes allegations that he intentionally used a recording device to record private conversations in 2017 and 2018.

Mr. Savage, 75, denies any involvement in the three-year disappearance.

.