John Barrowman has broken his silence following reports that his place on the Dancing On Ice jury is ‘in jeopardy’ after admitting to repeatedly exposing himself on the sets of Doctor Who and Torchwood.
The actor, 54, addressed his fans in a… video shared on Instagram on Monday, saying: “I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has reached out over the past few weeks with the countless messages of support.”
Speaking from the yard of his Palm Springs home, Barrowman added that he was “moved” by messages from those “who stood by him” and told his social media followers: “Hopefully we’ll be back together soon.” .
Speaking: John Barrowman, 54, has broken his silence in an Instagram video after it was reported that his place on Dancing On Ice’s jury is ‘on the line’
He said in full: ‘Hello everyone, it’s John here and I want to say a big thank you to my entire fan family and everyone who has been in touch with the countless messages of support over the past few weeks.
“It has meant so much to me and it has really touched me to know that people support me and stand behind me and send their love and all their appreciation and kind words.”
He signed his message by saying, ‘Hopefully we’ll all be back together soon and I’m looking forward to it. Much love and thanks.’
It was reported on Saturday that Barrowman’s place in the skating competition was at stake.
Addressing fans: The actor addressed his fans in a clip shared on Monday, saying: ‘I want to thank everyone who has received support over the past few weeks’
According to reports from The sun, show bosses would feel they won’t be able to return the actor to the judges for the show later this year.
Earlier this month, Barrowman apologized for repeatedly exposing himself while filming the two sci-fi shows, but insisted it was just “stupidity.”
A source who spoke to the publication said: ‘Since the allegations against John came to light, there have been discussions about his future on the Dancing On Ice panel.
“But the feeling now is that there’s no way we can invite him back. ITV has shown that they are prepared to act decisively when stars are accused of inappropriate behaviour. And it looks like this situation will be no exception to the rule.’
Apologies: Earlier this month, Barrowman apologized for repeatedly exposing himself while filming the Doctor Who (pictured) and Torchwood, but insisted it was just ‘stupidity’
However, ITV has since confirmed that no final decision has been made on his immediate future in the show.
A spokesperson told MailOnline: “All discussions about the 2022 series Dancing on Ice are very premature. Production has yet to start.’
This month, Barrowman told: The Guardian his “cheerful demeanor” was “meant only in good humor” to entertain colleagues on set and backstage – not sexual harassment.
Ongoing discussions: It is claimed show bosses feel they can’t have the actor return to the judges for the show later this year (pictured last year)
“In retrospect, I understand that my exuberant behavior could be upsetting and I’ve apologized for this before,” he said. “Since my apology in November 2008, my understanding and behavior have also changed.”
His former co-star Noel Clarke was filmed making fun of Barrowman, who played Captain Jack Harkness in both programs, showing people his penis “every five seconds” and “banging everything.”
Last month, a video surfaced of Clarke showing him onstage during a Doctor Who Q&A with fans where he joked about Barrowman’s alleged tendency to get his penis on set.
Response: A source claimed: ‘ITV has shown they are prepared to act decisively when stars are accused of inappropriate behaviour’ (John pictured with Ashley Banjo, Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean on the 2021 series)
Barrowman had publicly apologized after a similar incident on BBC Switch.
Clarke’s two female co-stars Annette Badland and Camille Coduri were seen using the microphone as a prop phallus, slapping them on their legs and even resting them on Camille’s shoulders, with viewers saying they were “squirming while watching.”
He said, ‘For the record, all the men out there, don’t try that at work. You will be fired and possibly go to jail.’
Twenty women have accused Clarke of sexual harassment, groping and bullying, with the claims against him in The Guardian, and seven other women came forward to do the same after the initial report was published.
Explanation: This month, Barrowman said his “cheerful demeanor” was “only meant to be in a good mood” to entertain colleagues on set and backstage — not sexual harassment
He has been charged with a range of inappropriate activities, including sexual harassment, unwanted touching or groping, sexually inappropriate conduct and comments on set, professional misconduct, taking and sharing sexually explicit photos and videos without consent, and bullying.
The actor vehemently denies allegations made by women who accused him of sexual harassment, groping and bullying between 2004 and 2019.
In his own statement, he said: “In my 20-year career I have put inclusiveness and diversity first in my work and have never filed a complaint against me.
“If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologize.
“I strongly deny any sexual misconduct or misconduct and intend to defend myself against these false accusations.”
The Guardian also reported that Clarke categorically denied any allegations made against him, with the exception of one where he admitted that he once made inappropriate comments about one woman, for which he later apologized.
According to the publication, his lawyers wrote a 29-page letter saying Clarke denies all other allegations made by all 20 women.
Reveal: His former co-star Noel Clarke (pictured) was filmed joking about Barrowman showing people his penis ‘every five seconds’ on Doctor Who and Torchwood