- Jadon Sancho’s feud with Erik ten Hag does not seem to have been resolved yet
- The winger has now deactivated his Instagram account due to the ongoing feud
- Mail Sport’s new WhatsApp channel: receive the latest news and exclusive offers here
Man United star Jadon Sancho has deactivated his personal Instagram account following his ongoing feud with manager Erik ten Hag.
The United winger has been dropped from Ten Hag’s squad after refusing to withdraw and apologize to the head coach after abusing him in a now-deleted social media post.
Sancho claimed he was made a ‘scapegoat’ in an online backlash after being dropped from United’s matchday squad following a 3-1 defeat to Arsenal in early September.
And now, after being excluded from first-team training, the former Borussia Dortmund has opted to delete one of his main social media accounts.
Their dispute arose after the Dutch coach claimed Sancho’s omission from United’s 3–1 defeat to Arsenal on September 3 was due to the winger’s ‘performance in training’.
Jadon Sancho has deleted his Instagram account due to an ongoing feud with Erik ten Hag
The winger’s account, which previously had millions of followers, no longer exists
Your browser does not support iframes.
It sparked a response from the England striker who claimed he was ‘being made a scapegoat’ in a now-deleted social media post.
He wrote on
Ten Hag is said to be holding talks with Sancho to clear the air, with Mail Sport also revealing that Man United football director John Murtough and CEO Richard Arnold had played an active role in trying to repair the rift.
He was also absent during the 1-0 win against Burnley last weekend, with Ten Hag waiting for an apology from Sancho before being welcomed back.
According to The mirror Three Manchester United first-team stars have told Sancho to apologize to the Red Devils boss.
A source told the newspaper: ‘Jadon’s teammates have told him to back off and say sorry to the boss. They want him to apologize.
“They sympathize with him and the way he feels, but recognize that a line was crossed with what he posted.”
Mail Sport previously revealed that the England international was consistently late to training and failed to meet the required standards demanded by the United manager.
More to follow…