Here are the ten previous UK winners of the EuroMillions draw to date
1. In July 2011, Colin and Chris Weir became Europe’s biggest lottery winners, raising over £ 161 million.
The couple, who have been married for 30 years, said they were “not afraid” of the wealth because they would have “so much fun” with the money.
The couple, a retired TV cameraman and a retired psychiatric nurse, from Largs, Ayrshire, said their children Carly, a photography student, and Jamie, a call center worker, would buy their own home and car.
The family made a £ 1 million donation to the SNP shortly after winning.
Colin and Chris Weir became Europe’s biggest lottery winners when they raised over £ 161 million in 2011
2. Adrian and Gillian Bayford, of Suffolk, took home more than £ 148 million in August 2012.
The marriage ended just 15 months after their new jackpot-winning life, with the stress of the money being the reason they had to split.
At the time, a spokesman for Ms. Bayford said, “Gillian Bayford confirms that her marriage to Adrian has ended irretrievably and that they have split up.”
It came after Ms. Bayford was forced to deny having an affair with the couple’s gardener, Chris Tovey.
Adrian and Gillian Bayford, from Suffolk, took home more than £ 148 million in August 2012
3. An anonymous cardholder took home £ 123 million in July
4. Patrick and Frances Connolly from County Armagh won the full £ 115 million EuroMillions jackpot on New Years Day 2019
5. An unnamed cardholder claimed just over £ 113 million in October 2010 and chose not to go public.
6. Neil Trotter, of South London, won nearly £ 108 million from former auto mechanic to multi-millionaire in March 2014.
Neighbors in Croydon described that he and his partner Nicky Ottaway left ‘almost overnight’ after winning the EuroMillions jackpot last March.
Mr. Trotter admitted at the time that he looked like his namesake, Del Boy Trotter from Only Fools And Horses.
Neil Trotter, with partner Nicky Ottaway, won nearly £ 108 million from former auto mechanic to multi-millionaire in March 2014
7. Steve Thomson and his wife Lenka, from West Sussex, became the UK’s biggest EuroMillions winners when they claimed a £ 105 million prize in November 2019.
8. A Cambridgeshire couple, Dave and Angela Dawes, won over £ 101 million on their third EuroMillions draw in October 2011.
Mr Dawes said he ‘didn’t sleep a wink’ on the night of the win as it was too late to call Camelot after the pair checked their numbers.
Last year, the couple was taken to court by his son, an Afghanistan veteran, Michael Dawes, 32, who said he was ‘incurable in spirit’.
But a judge ruled that the millionaire father does not have to save his son, who burned £ 1.6 million in two years and returned for more, without following his stepmother’s advice to stop eating in the house. Ritz and go to McDonald’s instead. .
Dave and Angela Dawes won over £ 101 million on their third EuroMillions draw in October 2011
9. A UK winner was paid £ 93 million in June 2015 but decided to remain anonymous.
10. The Davies family of Wales won £ 61 million at EuroMillions in 2016
23-year-old Stephanie Davies is said to have bought the ticket ‘reluctantly’ when her mother Sonia called her from Florida and begged her to go and buy one.
Keith Reynolds, Sonia Davies, Stephanie, Courtney Davies and Steve Powell all cashed in on the jackpot, saying they were the ‘happiest people’ in the world to have won.