Not the rabbit terrine: Mystery surrounds which dish was responsible for poisoning dozens of guests at an $ 725-a-head MCG lunch on Anzac Day
- Anzac day MCG presidents Lunch was hit by illness and nobody knows why
- Extensive testing by multiple authorities fails to identify the cause of the problem
- No destructive evidence found on the original suspect, the rabbit terrine
- More than 30 people & # 39; dropped like flies & # 39; at the fancy $ 725 per head lunch
It was not the rabbit terrine. Or if it was, after a month of testing, it is not proven.
The mystery surrounding the massive disease that struck over 30 guests at a lunch of $ 725 per capita in the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Anzac Day.
Paramedics rushed seven patrons to the hospital after becoming terribly ill during and after lunch with the Essendon President before the Bombers-Collingwood game.
Guests began to fall & # 39; like flies & # 39; within half an hour after the rabbit and chicken terrine was served around 12.30 and some of the 600 guests fainted in the stands during and after the annual dinner.
Video of the lunch showed paramedics in the stands outside the dining room, as former Essendon premier ship coach Kevin Sheedy had spoken on stage.
Because of the timing, the fish terrine was initially chosen as the culprit.
Fans at the Anzac Day competition were unaware of the drama of the mass victim that took place during the Essendon President & # 39; s Lunch
But several independent tests of that terrine had not proved that it was justified.
The Age reported Friday that tests of the suspicious appetizer by the Melbourne Cricket Club, the catering company Epicure and Victoria's Department of Health and Human Services are all not decisive.
Although the bread-shaped layers of chicken and rabbit may still be the culprit, at least one of the sick guests had not eaten the terrine that day and had only drunk water before he fell ill.
Terrine of rabbits and chickens (stock images) such as those suspected of causing a massive disease, are traditionally made by placing meat and other ingredients in a bread-shaped container and then slicing
Breakfast radio hosts Ross Stevenson and John Burns at Melbourne 3AW station threw open the line on Friday morning to ask callers to guess the cause.
The estimates varied from lemonade, the ice in the drinks, water remained in the fridge a few months earlier, to bottled water and even mass hysteria.
& # 39; I am convinced that it was probably not food poisoning because it took a while and that happened quickly & # 39 ;, a caller said, Jan.
Paramedics (pictured outside) treated more than 30 people who became seriously ill during and after the $ 725-a-head lunch and brought several to the hospital
Video of the lunch showed paramedics in the stands outside the dining room, as former Essendon premier ship coach Kevin Sheedy had spoken on stage
Some of the 600 guests even fainted in the stands during and after the annual dinner that took place before the Anzac Day collision between the bombers and Collingwood
Another caller named Tony said: & # 39; I think it was the umpiring & # 39; and the hosts jokingly agreed that that was enough to make someone vomit.
The age reported that the water had been tested, as did the air conditioning and the beer.
Even the flowers and table decorations were tested, but the vector was not found.
During lunch, guests are expected to enjoy & # 39; a custom-designed two-course meal, drinks from Treasury Wine Estates and Colonial Brewing Co, level two center wing & # 39;
Addition to the mystery is the sudden impact of the disease, in which people fall almost instantaneously.
Many other functions and 10 AFL games have since been held at the same location and taken on without incident.
Collingwood President Eddie McGuire was at lunch and told the Herald Sun that he saw people falling like flies.
& # 39; When we stood outside for the minute of silence, people were honestly dinkum hitting the deck left, right and the center around me. I hear collapses against the door and the windows, & he said.
& # 39; I didn't see anyone throw up, but 14 people were beaten on the deck before the opening bounced. & # 39;
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) melbourne