11.6 C
London
Monday, June 5, 2023
HomeNews"Is a Ferrari exit looming? Sainz speaks out"

“Is a Ferrari exit looming? Sainz speaks out”

Date:

Carlos Sainz is tied to Ferrari until the end of 2024. But there are already rumors that the Spaniard could be drawn to Audi from 2026. The German manufacturer then takes over the Sauber team and Sainz is said to be a candidate for the cockpit.

Formula 1 expert Roger Benoit, who is usually very well informed, especially with regard to Sauber, wrote a few days ago in the Swiss “Blick” that Sainz should be “at the top of the list” for Sauber CEO Andreas Seidl. He refers to a rumor from Spain.

Sainz has now commented on this himself. According to the Italian “Tuttosport” he said at a sponsor event: “I intend to stay with Ferrari for many more years. I don’t understand why there’s talk of 2026 when I don’t even have a contract for 2025.”

“It annoys me that these completely made-up rumors are coming up,” Sainz is quoted as saying. However, the Audi speculations are not the only ones the 28-year-old has to deal with at the moment. Another rumor concerns his current employer Ferrari.

More rumors of Ferrari dissatisfaction

Sainz is still under contract there for more than a year and a half. But the Spanish “El Nacional” claims in an article that the Scuderia is dissatisfied with the Spaniard’s performance and that he has not yet met expectations.

While Sainz was able to narrowly beat his teammate Charles Leclerc in his first Ferrari season in 2021 in an internal duel on points with 164.5:159, the Monegasque left Sainz behind in every respect in 2022.

Sainz did get three pole positions and his first race win. However, Leclerc won three races and got a whopping nine poles. In addition, he became vice world champion with 308 points, while Sainz was only fifth in the world championship with 246 points.

Sainz wants to fight for victories again soon

This year, Sainz leads the race duel against Leclerc 3-0. However, the Monegasque also dropped out in two of the three races and had to contend with a grid penalty in Jeddah. Overall, Ferrari experienced the worst start to the season since 2009.

“It wasn’t an easy start (to the season). Everyone at Ferrari expected more after we fought for poles and victories last year,” Sainz is quoted as saying by “Tuttosport”. The goal is “to fight for podium places and victories again.”

It is somewhat ironic that Sainz himself recently asked the Italian media to be more calm in their reporting. Of course, the current rumors don’t help.

Merryhttps://whatsnew2day.com/
Merry C. Vega is a highly respected and accomplished news author. She began her career as a journalist, covering local news for a small-town newspaper. She quickly gained a reputation for her thorough reporting and ability to uncover the truth.

Latest stories

spot_img