Indiana policemen arrest a nurse driving an SUV with only THREE tires at 55 km / h while she is drunk – because she was on her way to see a patient & # 39;
- Indiana State Police makes a traffic stop on Interstate 80 West outside of Gary and saw an SUV approaching at a speed of 55 km / h
- A trooper also noted that the Ford Explorer only had three tires and the front passenger side was on the rim
- The vehicle could not come to a standstill and almost almost flung against a curb
- The driver, Sherry Sanchez, 46, from Portage, turned out to have driven while being disabled after her blood alcohol level was tested three times above the legal limit
- Sanchez told the trooper that she didn't know how her vehicle was damaged, but that & # 39; all the lights on her dashboard went out & # 39;
- She also told the trooper that she was a home care nurse and was on her way to visit a patient in Chicago
A home care nurse in Indiana was persuaded by the state police after she saw her on her three-wheel drive in her SUV and later arrested her for being drunk.
Sherry Sanchez, 47, was found to have a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent – three times the legal limit – according to a statement from the Indiana State Police sent to DailyMail.com
Sanchez, who lives in Portage and was run over during a traffic stop in Gary on Tuesday, claimed she didn't know what was wrong with her vehicle, & # 39; but all the lights on her dashboard went out & # 39 ;.
Indiana state police say they arrested a home nurse who was driving a Ford SUV, as shown above, on three tires. The only thing that was left of the front passenger tire was the rim
Sherry Sanchez, 47 (pictured above), was run over on Tuesday during a traffic stop in Gary and claimed she didn't know what was wrong with her vehicle, & # 39; but all the lights on her dashboard went out & # 39 ;. She was later accused of driving under the influence
No injuries were reported and Sanchez was taken to Lake County prison in Crown Point, police said.
Sanchez did not respond immediately when DailyMail.com contacted.
First Sergeant Terrance Weems initially saw the dark-colored Ford of Sanchez around 4 p.m. while on a non-related traffic stop of a motorcyclist.
Weems was heading west on Interstate 80 West near Broadway in Gary, a city about 25 miles from Chicago, when he saw the SUV approaching the right exit faster after the speed limit.
The trooper stepped behind the SUV with its patrol car with its emergency lights on. & # 39; As he pulled the SUV toward him, he noticed it hit the edge more than once, & # 39; said the state police in their released statement.
Sanchez was noticed & # 39; affected & # 39; and after further investigation it was taken for a blood alcohol test that exceeded the legal limit, the statement says.
Sanchez identified herself as a home nurse and added that she was on her way to visit a patient in Chicago, police said.
She was accused of driving a vehicle while intoxicated, failed to register under the & # 39; Move Over Law & # 39; from India and on a highway with a non-compliant vehicle.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) alcohol