Samsung has a tradition of introducing new products in August. But this year, the wide-ranging product presentation called
Samsung unpacking take place as early as July – together with the presentation of the foldables Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Fold 5 and the wearable Galaxy Watch 6.
This emerges from a report published on sammmobile.de.
Samsung unpacking brought forward?
A concrete statement as to why the industry event could be brought forward has not yet been made – but it cannot be ruled out: the connection with speculation, which an insider recently pointed out.
Because: Due to the new hinges of the Foldable Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Fold 5, the devices should be manufactured for around a month. GameStar Tech has reported.
Which devices can Samsung disciples look forward to?
It is speculated, rumored and whispered – but regardless of whether Samsung’s unpacking event will take place in July or August: the presentation of the following gadgets can be expected:
- Foldable Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Fold 5
- In-ear headphones (New German: earphones) Galaxy Buds
- Wearable Galaxy Watch 6
- Premium tablet Galaxy Tab S9
What we already know about foldables and smartwatches
GameStar Tech recently reported on the above-mentioned foldables and the Samsung wearable. Right here below are some of the key data that are known about the two devices so far:
We already know about the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Galaxy Z Fold 5:
- Waterdrop Hinge: This means that the respective halves of the display lie flat on top of each other – the gap between the two halves is negligible
- Both devices are said to be IPX8 certified – that means practically: Both smartphones can work more than one meter under water – and for at least 30 minutes. In addition, the certification should ensure ingress of dirt and dust.
- The two smartphones should differ in size only differ from each other by 0.2 mm
- In terms of storage options, the following should be offered: 256 GB, 512 GB and 1 TB (for the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5) and 128 GB, 256 GB and 512 GB (for the Galaxy Z Flip 5)
To date, the following key data is known for the Samsung Smartwatch Galaxy Watch 6 (colleague Duy Linh Dinh reported):
- New installed processor: This should be called Exynos W980 – and be about 10 percent faster than Exynos W920; this is in the current smartwatches Galaxy Watch 4 and 5.
- Manufactured using the 5 nm (nanometer) processwhich should increase the performance and energy efficiency of the device
- The return of the physically rotating ring: formerly a unique selling point of the South Korean manufacturer’s wearables, Samsung recently used a digital touch version of the ring with the Galaxy Watch 4. The forthcoming generation of Samsung smartwatches will be equipped with either a physical (Galaxy Watch 6 Classic) or a digital (Galaxy Watch 6).
Do you yearn for Samsung’s unpacking event – and if so: Which brand-new device from Samsung’s equipment park are you personally looking forward to the most? Feel free to exchange ideas in our comments.